Infiniti continues to set the bar in the sport luxury segment, with a strong selling lineup of award-winning vehicles, including two J.D. Power and Associates “most appealing” awards. The 2006 model year saw the introduction of the all-new Infiniti M sedan, and now 2007 marks the first redesign of the G35 Sedan.
The revised 2007 G35 Sedan, which goes on sale in November 2006, features a dramatic new exterior design and a refined interior with unique features. Available advanced technology systems include RearView Monitor, a touch screen navigation system with available real-time traffic information and the audiophile-quality Infiniti Studio on Wheels™ by Bose® high-fidelity audio system. Powering the latest G35 is an upgraded version of the award-winning VQ-series 3.5-liter DOHC V6, rated at 306 horsepower. The standard V6 is mated to a choice of a close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission on the G35 6MT model or a 5-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode and Downshift Rev Matching. The G35 Journey model equipped with the optional Sport Appearance Package includes magnesium paddle shifters. The 2007 G35 is also offered with Infiniti’s “intelligent” all-wheel drive system.
The overall Infiniti lineup continues to evolve - the award-winning M sedan receives enhancements for 2007 including new 18-inch wheels, 10-way adjustable front passenger seat and new option packages; the Infiniti FX receives minor changes including pre-wiring for an iPod, FX45 receives power-folding sideview mirrors; G35 Coupe receives standard Intelligent Key and auto on/off headlights; and the QX56 features a new exterior color and revised engine tuning for the 5.6-liter DOHC 32-valve V8 engine for increased horsepower and torque.
Following is an overview of the Infiniti Division products for the 2007 model year:
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan
The first major redesign of Infiniti’s award-winning sports sedan was unveiled at the 2006 New York International Auto Show. The new G35 sedan was designed to meet the high expectations of Infiniti owners, who have embraced the original G35 and seek a continuation of its unique combination of vibrant design, exhilarating performance and advanced technology.
The 2007 G35 sedan exceeds these expectations, with an evolution of the platform, interior and exterior style, and the next generation of the award-winning VQ-series V6. The redesigned interior combines modern warmth and Japanese design cues, and technologically the G35 sets the bar for features available in its class, including available touchscreen navigation system with real-time traffic information and audiophile premium audio system that brings studio quality sound to the road. The G35 sedan also offers customers the choice of a 5-speed automatic or 6-speed manual transmission, rear- or all-wheel drive, and option packages covering the spectrum of style, on-road and in-cabin performance.
Highlights of the 2007 G35 Sedan include:
- Available in four models – G35, G35 Journey, G35x AWD, G35 6MT
- Option packages include Premium Package, Navigation Package, Satellite Radio Package (with choice of XM® or Sirius™), Technology Package, Performance Tire & Wheel Package and Sport Appearance Package
- New exterior with seductive surfaces, sculpted grille blades, iconic headlights and taillights
- Refined interior with unique features such as the white-and-violet Fine Vision gauge illumination and high-touch, textured aluminum-alloy trim with “Washi” (traditional Japanese handmade paper) patterning
- Available RearView Monitor
- Available touchscreen Infiniti Navigation System with available XM® NavTraffic™ with real-time traffic information and a 9.5 gigabyte audio server
- Available audiophile-quality Infiniti Studio on Wheels™ by Bose® premium audio system – combines the industry’s first 3-way front door speaker array using 10-inch woofers with an audiophile quality head unit incorporating double oversampling 24-bit 96KHz Burr Brown® Digital Audio Converters
- Magnesium paddle shifters for the G35 Journey model with Sport Appearance Package
- Standard Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition
- Available Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) with Preview Braking
- Standard High Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-xenon headlights
- Optional Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS), which automatically controls the headlight lighting pattern according to steering angle and vehicle speed to help provide better visibility at night
- Fourth-generation VQ-series V6, approximately 80% of major parts redesigned, highlights include increased crank journal and pin diameters, addition of standard variable exhaust cam timing (eCVTCS), a higher rev limit (increased from 6,600 rpm to 7,500 rpm) and higher compression ratio (10.6:1 versus the previous 10.3:1), asymmetric piston skirts, twin knock sensors, improved coolant flow and new Iridium spark plugs
- Available Infiniti “intelligent” all-wheel drive system - ATTESA E-TS (Advanced Total Traction Engineering System for All Electronic Torque Split) all-wheel drive system, also utilized on the M35x and FX
- New exterior colors – Garnet Ember, Slate Blue and Platinum Graphite
The Infiniti G35 coupe remains a standard-bearer in the sports coupe class since its introduction in 2003. For 2007, the standard VQ 3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine produces 275 horsepower and 268 lb-ft of torque, while the G35 Coupe 6MT model generates 293 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque.
The refined performance coupe also again features standard High Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-xenon headlights, available Navigation system; as well as other luxury and performance options. Also available are a Rear Active Steer package, which includes vehicle-speed-sensitive power steering and 15.1:1 steering gear ratio; and an available Sport-Tuned Suspension Package with 19-inch forged aluminum wheels and Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD). Standard on the G35 Coupe 6MT are the Viscous Limited Slip Differential and unique front fascia and side sills.
Enhancements to the 2007 G35 Coupe include:
- Standard Intelligent Key (not available on G35 Coupe 6MT)
- Standard auto on/off headlights
First introduced as a 2006 model, the Infiniti M represents a new generation of Infiniti performance luxury vehicles, with elegant aggressive exterior styling, luxurious driver-oriented cockpit and advanced technology. The M has won numerous awards, including taking the award for midsize premium cars in the J.D. Power and Associates 2006 Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study.
The M sedan features a choice of engines and, with the M35, a choice of rear- or all-wheel drive. The Infiniti M35 and all-wheel drive M35x feature the 3.5-liter DOHC V6 engine producing 275 horsepower and 268 lb-ft of torque. The M45 features the 4.5-liter DOHC V8, shared with the FX45, which produces 325 horsepower and 336 lb-ft of torque. Both the M35 V6 and M45 V8 are paired with a 5-speed automatic transmission with short-throw performance shifter, manual shift mode and Downshift Rev Matching. M35x features Infiniti’s “intelligent” ATTESA E-TS all-wheel drive system.
The M35, M35x and M45 are technological tour de forces, with an available Rear Active Steer system (Sport model), available Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system, standard Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition, voice recognition, leather-appointed seats and power-sliding sunroof, standard RearView Monitor with on-screen guidance lines, available DVD-based Infiniti Navigation System with voice-activated destination entry, available Bose® Studio Surround™ sound system with digital 5.1-channel decoding and 14 speakers (featuring four seat-mounted Personal surround speakers) and available Mobile Entertainment System.
Enhancements to the 2007 M include:
- New option packages, including revised Advanced Technology Package, revised Journey Package, and new Technology Package
- Advanced Technology Package includes the 5.1-channel Bose® Studio Surround™ audio system with a DVD-Video/DVD-Audio drive mounted in the center console, and Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC)
- New available 18-inch five-spoke wheel option (non-Sport models only)
- Standard climate controlled seats on M45, M45 Sport, M35 Sport and M35x (available on M35)
- Standard High Intensity Discharge (HID) auto-leveling xenon low-beam headlights with Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) on M45; available on M35 and M35x
- Full-size spare no longer available
Changes to the premium FX are minimal for 2007. In 2006, the FX received many enhancements including an exterior facelift with a new grille, bumper, wheel design, three new colors, the addition of numerous standard features, including a 300-watt BoseÒ audio system, leather-appointed seats, RearView Monitor, Advanced Air Bag System (AABS), a revised interior and more.
The all-wheel drive FX45 features a standard 320-horsepower 4.5-liter DOHC V8 (shared with M45) and includes 20-inch wheels and tires, Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone system and a sport-tuned 4-wheel independent suspension. The 275-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 powers the well-equipped FX35, which is available in rear- or all-wheel drive.
Enhancements to the 2007 FX45/FX35 include:
- Standard pre-wiring for iPod accessory
- 18-inch wheel paint color changed from silver to titanium
- New seat belt reminder system
- Power folding sideview mirrors now standard on FX45
Owners of the J.D. Power and Associates 2006 APEAL Study-winning Infiniti QX56 full-size luxury SUV appreciate its advanced exterior and interior styling and luxurious amenities, including bi-xenon headlights, power folding sideview mirrors and Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control. For 2007, changes remain minimal – revised engine tuning for more power from its standard 5.6-liter DOHC 32-valve V8 engine and a new exterior color to complement its bold styling.
The QX56 is designed to provide luxury on a grand scale, with up to eight-passenger seating, standard equipment such as leather-appointed seating and DVD navigation system, RearView Monitor and an auto-leveling independent rear suspension (IRS). Also available is a DVD Mobile Entertainment System.
All QX56 4WD models feature an advanced, All-Mode 4WD full-time design with infinitely variable torque split (maximum 50:50 front/rear).
Enhancements to the 2007 QX56 include:
- Engine output revised, up 5 horsepower to 320, torque increased 3 lb-ft for a total of 393
- New exterior color – Pacific Sapphire