Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, but I've never had to fill my car up with 20 gallons of gas. Everytime my car is on E or dead near E, I pull up to the gas station and pay for about 15 gallons. Has anyone filled up their car with 20gallons or near that???

G-Class
2003.5 G35s Black/Black
Prim/Sport
2003 CLK500 on order

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Your fuel pump will live longer if you don't run it to empty all the time. You should fill on at no less than 1/4 tank, otherwise your fuel pump can lose its prime by fuel sloshing in the tank. That will make it work harder, plus the fuel lubricates it, and it will wear out sooner.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan
2003 Z06 Corvette

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Good point gardiner, I actually experienced a little problem when autocrossing because my tank was too low. When taking some of the really sharp turns it felt like it stalled for a sec. That happened 2 times that day, on less than a 1/4 tank. Next time I'll put a bit more in.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I usually fill up about 17 to 18 gallons, but I also let it run down on empty for awhile. Trying to push my miles per tank up!

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I'm about the same. 17 or 18. Got it to 19 once, and the nave said I had 4 miles to go before empty.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The most I have ever filled my gas tank is 17.50 gallons, and that was running on the light for about 30 miles or so. That was a scare in deed!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I've now gotten used to running on empty. Used to freak me out a lot more, but I think I know what my baby can handle now. That doesn't mean I still don't get nervous every once in awhile though. [shake]

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
XL<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

I've now gotten used to running on empty. Used to freak me out a lot more, but I think I know what my baby can handle now. That doesn't mean I still don't get nervous every once in awhile though. [shake]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Don't you ever do that again! [:(!]

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I never really thought about it, but that's a good point Gardiner.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
wow... I totally missed Gardiners' post. Just read it now and I feel so ashamed!

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
And imagine, you are at a light when this riced out Yugo pulls up next to you. You both takeoff and your fuel pump loses its prime, just for a brief second. You think WTF and the next thing you pull up to the next light while the dude is waiting for you laughing his head off. He beat a G!

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan
2003 Z06 Corvette

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

And imagine, you are at a light when this riced out Yugo pulls up next to you.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You know, I think I've seen one of those.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Here's a good one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts