Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

The alarm system

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  jstwong 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of the quality of the G35 alarm system? Does it even come with one? If so what does it have on it?

#2 ·
There are no shock sensors that I've noticed. The alarm only goes off in someone illegally ENTERS the car. basically, that means if the door is opened.

Personally, I prefer this. I've known far too many people who have had their cars egged or damaged because people got irritated with their alarm always going off. Few people even pay attention to them any more because of this.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

#3 ·
If they want to trash your car, the alarm only makes a difference of timeframe in when you become aware. For theft, it's useless as like Semi said, most people will walk by a full blast alarm in any mall parking lot, not even minding what's going on inside...There could be someone hotwiring it and no one would care. Even cops ignore alarms for crying out loud!

The factory key recognition systems makes good work of hotwiring and copy key theft. Get a low jack to recover flatbed tow truck theft.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

#4 ·
They've done something a little different too... perhaps someone can shed some light on this:

I can not get the alarm to go off at all. Maybe mine is defective, or maybe the coded key automatically turns it off... but when I arm the car (with keyfob) then unlock the door manually with the key, the alarm does not go off. Previous alarms I've had would always go off if it wasn't turned off by the keyfob.

Is this consistent with your experiences?

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

#5 ·
Try this to test it.

Leave your window down. Lock the car with the keyfob. Wait a minute to make sure it's armed. Put your keyfob somewhere away from the car. Reach in through the window and open the door. If the alarm doesn't go off, then you have a problem.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

#6 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

Leave your window down. Lock the car with the keyfob.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It's amazing the things you can forget now that we rely so much on technology. Never even occurred to me to try it this way. What a dumbass [loser]

I'll try it after work today.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C

#7 ·
The car automatically disarms if you use your key. I'm not sure if this is the result of that little chip in the key or simply the locking mechanism disengaging. I'll try to remember to use the "valet key" to test this out. As I recall, its chip is restricted.

The open window trick is the only time I've ever heard my car alarm go off.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

#8 ·
So, I'm happy to report that my alarm is, in fact, working fine. But I had to get my key more than 20 feet away before it would work. Kinda cool. Haven't seen this technology before.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C

#9 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

So, I'm happy to report that my alarm is, in fact, working fine. But I had to get my key more than 20 feet away before it would work. Kinda cool. Haven't seen this technology before.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Wow. I was just guessing about moving the key away, but I guess I was right. Pretty cool. [bigeyes]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

#10 ·
I actually tried it with the key in my pocket first, which didn't work -- then I had a buddy open the door for me while I moved away, but I only went about 10 feet, and that didn't work -- so I started to get pissed that my alarm was faulty, but then I moved even further and sure enough, bingo!

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C

#11 ·
Sure it wasn't a time delay?

#12 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

Sure it wasn't a time delay?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I didn't really count seconds between the time I armed the car and the door was opened, but it did take me longer to walk farther away, so I guess it could have been a time delay.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C

#13 ·
old thread, but for reference - I just read there is an approx. 20 second arming phase delay after the keyfob lock button is pressed before the alarm is armed and functional. During this period the Alarm LED is solid red. After it arms, the LED flashes.

2004 | 6MTs | Diamond Graphite/Graphite
Upstate NY

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.