Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did a one after the other test of both and the Tiptronic thingy is kinda fun......I like the number display, which reminds me this car has a outstanding looking display.

Either way the 6 speed is the only variant that allows the upgraded tires and Brembo's....isn't that right? That is a big reason for 6MT. Now the whole Clutch in traffic debate is kinda personal tolerance......I never liked my last car in heavy traffic on the clutch but I managed and there was enough counter balance of FUN when I was shifting into and outta corners.

Still that Tiptronic would allow wifey and old man to drive the car on occasion........but hey it is my damn car........oh shutup.......no you shutup........

well you can see the Left Half vs Right Half brain war is on.

So please confirm the tire statement.......and that will help me make up my mind.

When I drove the 6MT I skid the tires twice on downshift into 2nd, and also squeeled by accident on 1st gear takeoff.

The understood at the dealer as I drive a Taurus SES right now, and there is just a little bit of difference in raw torque power ;-)

This is the car for me no question......I have gone full full full circle and I come back to this baby all the time.

Now I just need to purge the Automatic gremlins from my system and I will be all set.

/NEPTUNE

Okay Make my own damn mind up for me!

/Neptune

·
Registered
818 Posts
Nep...I had some of the same issues...Don't forget resale...I promise you it will be much better down the line (sorry Kloh, I know you HATE when I bring this up)!!

As for the wife thing, DO YOU REALLY WANT HER DRIVING IT [?]...I didn't think so....

I wanted the Brembo's, N/A on the Auto, but you can get the tire/wheel package as an option on the AT...

I know this will piss Kloh off too(Kloh, don't go off on me OK, I know you're a family man and liven in So.CA., so this DOESN'T apply to you), but to me the Auto makes any car like this, a chick car.
In a Sports Car, only "MAN"ual will do!!!!

Would you buy a Porshe with an AT??

Again, I didn't think so....

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero/Prem

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Yer askin' for it, mofo... I'm only not responding right now because I want to go home, but you keep pushin' me and I'll let you have it! [boxing]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
818 Posts
That's what I'm afraid of!! Just wanted to see if you were still paying attention...[:D]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree CrazMoFo.......just thought I would entertain the idea for a few seconds. I live in Dublin OHIO and would spend most of the time driving weekends or occassional business trip. Not bad on traffic around here.

I like the "MAN"ual reasoning here.......makes sense......

Yeah and BTW you are DRIVING MY DAMN SPEC! GIVE IT OVER!

Love thought Diamond Graphite on Graphite.......everything on it (including side trim) except Nav.....that is what I am going to order tomorrow....just need to see if the guy will give me 5K for an old 99Taurus tradein.

/NEPTUNE OUT

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 1CRAZMOFO

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Okay Make my own damn mind up for me!

/Neptune

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'll tell you Nep...I'm crazy in love with this car...You will not believe how tight it is!! And now that she's broken in, that 3.5 280-HP, with that 6 MT, (that shifts like a bolt-action rifle), is absolute heaven!!![smoking]

The sound of that exhaust brings a smile to my face every morning...
I remember the day I got it, popped some serious Zeppelin in the 225 Watt stereo and cranked it... All that power... The feeling was priceless!!![;)]

·
Registered
550 Posts
Mofo..I'll drink to that. [cheers]

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">When I drove the 6MT I skid the tires twice on downshift into 2nd, and also squeeled by accident on 1st gear takeoff.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I did the same thing when I test-drove...and I still do when the situation demands :)
I nearly tripled the hp of my last car, so I'm not used to the power either.
But as for your question, the manual is much more fun. I don't know what kind of traffic you're dealing with, but I've never minded having a manual when driving in rush hour (then again, this is Austin, not LA). I would recommend the 6MT without question.

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bought this car for my wife. We test drove both the auto and the manual. I was rooting for the auto until we drove it. I was COMPLETELY unimpressed by the automatic. Live in So Cal and have always had a manual so this was nothing new. IMHO - this car NEEDS to be a manual.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.