Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by the local Infiniti dealer today to check out the coupe and sedan. The coupe looks great and is comfortable up front but overall it's a little smaller than what I'm looking for. I'm 5'11 and fit ok in the back seat but my hair was touching the roof/back window. Next I moved to the sedan. The layout is pretty much the same but there is more room all around. The back seat is much more comfortable, there is more head room back there. I really like the reclining back seats! The salesman and I took the car out for a ride. He had to do the "drive it off the lot" routine and demonstrated how well the brakes work. The light turned green and he hammered it up to about 75MPH. He then went over to the breakdown lane and stood on the brakes. The car accelerates pretty good for a V6 (I usually drive 350-650hp V8 cars/trucks :) )and I was impressed by how quick it came to a stop. I took over the controls and cruised around for about 20 minutes.

I was surprised the salesman had me lay into it as much as I did (he was in his early 50s). We tested out shifting the 5 speed in automatic mode along with the sequential manual mode. Both worked well. The car also handles extremely good for a sedan. I went into some sweeping on and off ramps at 60-70+ and it tracked with no complaints. He kept telling me to go faster so I could feel how the Vehicle Dynamic Control system worked. It applies the brakes and/or reduces engine power as needed to keep the car from going off the intended path. Either I didn't push it hard enough in the corners to feel this or it's a pretty seemless operation. The car gives a good ride during normal driving. The Sport Suspension is firm without being harsh.

I don't think I have any complaints about this car. My personal taste would say give it more horsepower because there is never enough of that but the 260 that it has moves this car around without a problem. Actually, the one thing that would finish the rear end would be tailpipes exiting on each side instead of two on the driver's side.

The Nissian Maxima and BMW 330CI were on my list of cars to drive but I think I found what I'm looking for. The next thing to do is work on pricing. The one I want will have quite a few options -

Sport Sedan Leather - $30,100.
Premium package with full size spare - $3200.
Sport tuned suspension - $425.
Aerodynamic body package - $2910. - ouch
Satellite radio - $400.

Destination and handling - $545.

Total sticker - $37580.

I've bought at least 5 new cars in the last 4-5 years and usually go for $300.-$500. over invoice (considered a pretty good deal). I mentioned this to the salesman and he said he didn't think it was going to happen. He then asked me if I had AAA. When I told him yes he said he would see what could be done. The price that he came back with was $500. off of sticker. He said that is the best they could do. I've only been able to pull up invoice for the 2003s. Based on that there is about $3600. in the price of the car so I'd be happy with $600. over cost - $34580.

So my question is - how much of a discount have people been getting on the sedans? I read that a few people got about $1500. off but are there better deals out there?

Tom

2002 Supercharged 8.1 Suburban
2000 Corvette convertible
2004 G35 - shopping now

·
Registered
114 Posts
http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthr...7274926&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Check out the above url for a link to Grubbs Infiniti's post on Fresh Alloy.com. It's worth at shot, I have heard of people getting incredible deals through them and they'll ship it for free. At least it will give you a bargaining chip to go back to you're local dealer with. Expect them to be resistant on bringing the price down. They probably have a stock of 2003's that they are still trying to get rid of so they'll be less likely to work with you on the 2004's. With persistance you should be able to get them down though. The 6mt, sedan or coupe, is hard to come by and therefore hard to haggle on but the Auto's are abundant and they should deal with you.

Riv

-6MT Sedan, Aero, Black on Black

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here's a post I found on G35driver.com, it's for an '03 but it gives you a place to start. Sounds like he's getting a good deal to me.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Re: 03 G35 Sedan Black on Black [re: wasabe918]

ilgnik (Newbie)
08/26/03 07:18 PM

Yes, it is the out of the door price.
Forgot to mention some of the options

Premium Package (i'm not sure about the full size spare tire)
Navigation Package
Winter Package
Sport Suspension Package
Sunroof
Splash guard and Mats

Got it down to $33,800.

What do you think?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

-6MT Sedan, Aero, Black on Black

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I gave them a call today and got a price of $1500. off the sticker. This includes delivery to me so that is like getting about $2100.-$2200. off. Not to bad. I believe someone on here had a very good experience at a dealer in NJ a few weeks ago. I'll have to try to find that post. I could drive down there with my car hauler and pick it up if the price is right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Tom,
Call Ray Catena Infiniti in New Jersey ask for Susan Dardier
I picked my 6MT Sedan up for $500 below invoice on a sale day they had.
P.S. I have a C5 also and have dealt with you on some stuff.

Good Luck with the G shopping you wont be sorry.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts