Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since autocross is my thing, I thought the first major improvement I'd make would be to the suspension. Did a lot of research and couldn't find to many complaints about Tein. I also found a nationally recognized performance shop that specializes in Nissan/Infiniti along with other Japanese imports which (lucky for me) is here in Houston. People from overseas send their cars to these guys (SGP Racing). I had them install the Tein Flex Dampers on my G along with the electronic controller which alows me to set the stiffness of the dampers (front and back independently) with up to 32 levels. I can make it softer that stock for a smooth ride, or I can stiffen it up for some incredible turning. This is an awesome system. The difference between these and the stock sport suspension is like night and day. I thought the car cornered great before, but now it's truly amazing! I will be really putting it to the test later tonight at my next autoX.

And of course, here are some pics:

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
very cool, lead! Will be very interesting to see how your next autocross goes with all of these new mods. Where you gonna mount that controller?

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
328 Posts
may i ask how much it was? because i am also looking to lower my car and was looking at the blitz or tein coilovers.

2003.5 6MT Sedan

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was roughly 2k plus install.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
237 Posts
Great choice Lead. [clapper] SGP Racing ia a very good company to have work done on your car. I've known a lot of people who have used them and are very happy with their work. [thmsup][thmsup]

G35 Coupe
6MT DG/W

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by donpalombella

Lead,
Can I borrow your car for a weekend (or two)? [^]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
If you were a little closer I would swap with you for a day or two.

[:D]

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by emoreno

Great choice Lead. [clapper] SGP Racing ia a very good company to have work done on your car. I've known a lot of people who have used them and are very happy with their work. [thmsup][thmsup]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
They are truly awesome. Their knowledge of performance stuff is amazing! Had to wait there for about an hour last week because I didn't have a ride, but I didn't mind because I got to ask them so many questions. I'm sure I was annoying the heck out of them. [lol]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts