Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am curious about something. I just ordered a Bluetooth dongle that is 12 volt and has rca out. I plan to install an amp, and bypass the factory amp to run factory speakers. Eventually I want to mount a 7" tablet over the stock deck location.

I understand if I remove the factory deck, I will loose climate control functionality correct?

Also I am wondering if I can unbolt and essentially push back the factory deck to allow room for the tablet install. This way, everything stock is still in place and hopefully no loss of climate control.

Input appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
I'm not sure what model and year you have but in the 1st generation cars,Chou need the radio to jeep the climate control unless you get a double DIN kit, either oem or meters, that will allow you to replace the factory radio. Then you can mount the tablet over the hole where the radio was. You'll still need the climate control visible.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, it's an 04 g35 coupe with the Bose tape deck...

Does the stock head unit detach from the center console? Or does is it attached to the climate control physically?

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
The stock head unit with the climate controls are removable from the dash. You will need the JDM AC control and trim piece or the Metra double din kit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you can't separate the climate Ctrl and deck physically???

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
Not the stock unit. They share the same circuit board for the AC and radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts