Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a result of my latest modifications which you can read about here http://www.6mt.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1312 the G now sits lower and looks even more aggressive. Not sure what the total drop was, but I sure like it!

Here's a before and after.

BEFORE

AFTER

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

Looks nice, how does it handle?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Handles great! I feel like I'm on rails! [bigeyes]

I'll have more details after the autocross tomorrow.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
awesome, lead! [thumbup]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
28 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

Looks nice, how does it handle?

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

Way to go! Your car looks very, very nice. If I get a
spercharger I would like to follow through with a kit such as yours. Nice job, keep going, don't stop!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! Heading to the autocross in a few hours. I'll be back with a full report! Looks like it might be a wet one!

[smoking]

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got back. It was a night event which in itself was a challenge. Very hard to see since you're going with parking lights only (they say if you run with lights it screws you up worse) and the lot isn't lit incredibly well.

Anyway, I did pretty well overall. Came in 5th in my class behind 2 sets of brother's driving WRX's. What really sucks is that it took me 3 runs before I could get the settings on the suspension just right for the course. My fourth run was the best improving my time by 2 seconds. I think I was really off on my first runs because the car felt so different than what I was used to. Almost as if I should have reset my brains ECU. LOL

Overall it handled incredibly well and once I got it down on that last ride it was great. Had it way too stiff on the first 2 and still a bit too stiff on the 3rd. I'll get those WRX guys next time!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Lead, you beat the cougar this time? Or was he not there?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

Lead, you beat the cougar this time? Or was he not there?

He wasn't there. Here are the official results:

http://www.houscca.com/solo2/results03/03REG07R.html

Do a find on G35 or scroll down to the STE Class. The second G35 is my buddy who I let drive my car. He was awesome for a novice. Came in 7th out of 12 his first time ever.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Cougar got scared... [:D]

Looks like you're pretty close to 4th. [thumbup] Did you have to switch to a different class now that you have your mods?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

Cougar got scared... [:D]

Looks like you're pretty close to 4th. [thumbup] Did you have to switch to a different class now that you have your mods?

No. I made sure the mods I made kept me in my current class. The rules aren't as restricting as you'd think.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Lead,

I just checked the results again and you're right there, man! Now that you got the hang of your new suspension, I think you'll be moving up the ranks pretty soon. Those WRX's all had runs that were slower times than your first few runs... some a LOT slower. Way to go, and keep representin'! [thumbup]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
LOL!... I missed that one, Gardiner. Thanks for prompting us to read it again.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts