Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new to 6MT but I have been in business for 23 years now building Nissan vehicles. I wanted to introduce myself and share with you some of the cool cars we build. I think you might find it interesting. My name is ................not a supporting vendor.........................
Here is a cool job we just did. Many people have wondered if the VQ35HR could be installed and made to run in the earlier G35s or 350Zs. Obviously NATS and CAN-BUS are issues.
Well, It can be done.......
We had a customer bring us an 03 G35 coupe with an 08 VQ35HR. We Installed and wired. We had to wire up the engine to work with the 03 harnesses, BCM, and IDPM. Fully tuned and EVERYTHING works 100% including gauges, VDC, electronics, cruise control, and dual drive-by-wire throttle bodies... This was a technical challenge that took us 3 days of wiring.

Here is the engine installed and a good view of the front end of the 03 G.

We are getting ready to tune it, when we do, we will add video to this thread also.

Here is a video of the gauges and the car running while we are tuning it:

I hope you found this to be interesting... I will continue to add different builds we are working on. Some of you know who we are and some don't, but we are CONSTANTLY building truly unique builds and swaps. I think it is really the coolest thing to build something no one else ever has...
Stay tuned!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very nice!! One question if you don't mind, how did you get the 6MT of the earlier versions to work on the HR engine, I am having that issue, I want to put the VQ35HR in a earlier 6MT 350Z

·
Registered
44 Posts
Very nice!! One question if you don't mind, how did you get the 6MT of the earlier versions to work on the HR engine, I am having that issue, I want to put the VQ35HR in a earlier 6MT 350Z
Last time this thread was alive was almost a decade ago. You'll likely not get a reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts