Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I know, it's probably already been discussed somewhere else here. Thought a thread would be nice way to consolidate are discussions.
Anyways, what's the word? Does anyone know if that Garrett SC is avail. or if Greddy has come to the table with some design plans. It seems very crowded inside the car's engine bay, so I suspect that a SC is the way to go......plus the power would be more linear as opposed to the TC.

"Use the Forced Air Induction Luke"
-Jedi

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is likely that jwt will be coming out with a turbo kit (they have a prototype twin-turbo, I believe). This is it, I'm just not sure that it's JWT's or not (but it would be safe to assume so).

·
Registered
172 Posts
lol! thats pretty sad

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Easy2speed

Are you sure you would trust a company to build a turbo kit that can't even spell "Infiniti" correctly.[hammer]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
That's Infinity like the stereo stuff, because their blowers make music for your ears.[rockon]

2003.5 Blue Sedan

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Easy2speed

Are you sure you would trust a company to build a turbo kit that can't even spell "Infiniti" correctly.[hammer]

'03.5 G35 Black 6MT Sedan
'02 Maxima Auto - [email protected]
'92 Talon TSI AWD - Too Fast!

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!! [dunce]

"Use the Forced Air Induction Luke"
-Jedi

·
Registered
91 Posts

Waiting for my Pro-Charger Supercharger in order. Currently with Nos and Borla Exhaust. I am expecting 500+ hp when I am done with my performance upgrades.

Mark Balelo

·
Registered
818 Posts
Balelo...Dude...In one day, I've seen the picture of your car 20 TIMES!!! Great pic, but we get the idea....[crazy]

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero/Prem

·
Registered
230 Posts
What? No afterburners??? lol
balelo - looks awesome with the tints and rims - inspired me to run out and get tints done today. Let us know when you've got it all installed and if you wouldn't mind sharing the $$$$. Maybe i should add one more $.

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by balelo

Jarrettblue:

Around $54K total (including the Supercharger installed).
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">[jaw] tell us how you like that SC after you get some time with it under your belt [thmsup]

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
3 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by balelo
[br
Waiting for my Pro-Charger Supercharger in order. Currently with Nos and Borla Exhaust. I am expecting 500+ hp when I am done with my performance upgrades.

Mark Balelo

do you think your tranny and gears can handle that kind of HP and TQ w/out blowing up?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Sure, the clutch won't though!!!!!

---------------
AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]
2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am changing the clutch and the pulleys. I don't think the clutch would've been able to handle that power for long time. I will be changing parts to make the vehicle resist all that power safely as they become available.

Mark Balelo

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi:

Balelo: As I recall you did some BPU upgrades to a MKIV Supra. I know about the Pro Charger but where are you getting your info on upgrading the clutch and other drive train parts needed for the increased power? Is there any reason you are chosing the pro charger over other forced induction addon's?

Here is a link to new vid of MKIV in Vegas '02. It won't be available for long. I will be taking my MKIII there again this year. Maybe someday there will be a G35 Coups Invade Las Vegas meet!

http://bpustore.com/supra/matt/Redline3.mpg
<font color="teal">___________________________________________________________________________________________________</font id="teal">
<font color="maroon">'03.5 6MT ~ (DP w/ WL)</font id="maroon">

·
Registered
94 Posts
i too have been thinking about forced induction but there is no way that i would do it now. not of any kind. seems like the Z guys are blowing motors left and right with ATI. 10.3:1 is just too high of a compression ratio to be trying it. maybe if they come out with some 8:1 pistons or something, i might jump in. but not right now......

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
16 Posts
i think the the only reason the Z guys are blowing engines left and right is because they're been boosting too high, ya compression is pretty high, so you can't boost as much, that's just how it goes..

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'm also thinking about SC:
I'm still waiting and seeing which one would be the best choice:
1. Vortech SC
2. Ati Procharger SC
3. Dreamworks SC (mid-march) might come with warranty++ But those with Crawford plenum will have to junk it~ :(

I also would like it to be not too loud~

<font color="blue">2004 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero-kit 4-piece | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | 5% Tint | Grounding Kit | Tein S.Tech Lowering Springs | Xtreme White everywhere~ :p | <font color="red">PICTURES</font id="red"></font id="blue">

·
Registered
649 Posts
Seems like I read that Nissan experienced VQ block failures near 500 crank bhp, and that was a limiting factor.

´03 G35 Coupe| Brilliant Silver/Graphite| 5AT | Aero| Performance| Nav| 28% Tint| Al pedals

1 - 20 of 21 Posts