Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are people doing to get a subwoofer
connected to the G35 coupe system?

Is there a simple plug'n'play connection?
Are there output's for it on the stock system?

Thanks

KSW

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
By plug and play, I assume you mean a sub RCA output on the head unit that can feed directly into an amp and a subwoofer. Sadly, the Clarion HU probably lacks this, depending on how those extra two speakers are added for the Premium kit.

If that's the case, you'll need to splice the sub into the main speaker lines. From the sound of your post, I'm guessing you don't have a lot of experience with this sort of thing so a good installer should be the first place you start.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can put Subs in any car with any system, all you need a is a RCA Adapter, which basicaly takes a regular speaker wire and turns it to a RCA which goes to the amp. Good luck.

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT, Ivory Pearl w/Black and Aerodynamics Body Kit with Spoiler.19" Bling Blings.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rlipps,

Seems you know your audio stuff.

My Audi A6 bose system has a nice powered
subwoofer unit that is wired into the factory Bose
system. Reminds me of the Wave radio in that it
is ported and appears to have curved tunnels. It's
perhaps the best integrated sub I've ever heard in
a car. (the entire audio system goes out when it's
disconnected)

Do you think there is more to it then power and
speaker connections. There are about 12 wires
running to the plug that connects to the amp
attached to it.

It would fit nicely on the drivers side of the G-c trunk.

KSW

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Bose would be quick to point out that it's not a subwoofer, it's a "Bass module". Bose's marketing department says this is because it also provides the upper frequency bass as well, but I'd argue calling it a subwoofer is inappropriate because it can't produce audio in the sub-sonic frequency range.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Do you think there is more to it then power and
speaker connections. There are about 12 wires
running to the plug that connects to the amp
attached to it.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Is the bass module all that's attached to this amp?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes.

It's actually 2 speakers attached to a ported
tube box about the size of a shoe box with
a 12" 'arm' which has the amp connected to
the bottom of it. Think of a shape like the
letter P rotated 90 degrees CW.

KSW

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I have been having problems with my computer so sorry for the late response.

Semi is also very knowledgable on car audio (along with everything else). However, the system in your Audi is very much like the Bose. In fact, I believe that bose first installed a similar system in the 3rd generation RX-7's, I believe the R1 and R2 touring packages had it.
It is very much like the bose wave audio system and runs on the same philosophy. It is basically working off of the physics of a sea shell. Tunneling the sound gives it more distance to reverberate and amplify itself. Since this amplification happens after the speaker, sound quality is not degraded. Kind of how a cheerleader uses a loudspeaker cone thingy, if you will. I know it is all more scientific than that, but that is the basic theory. It works amazing in the RX-7, which I believe only has 2 or 4 speakers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks.

I think it's a matter of simply getting the wiring
diagram from Audi so that I can jump the wires on the
connector that plugs into the Subwoofer and keep the 8
speakers working on the A6 system with it disconnected
then rewire it into the G35c's rear speakers
with a power line to drive it.

KSW