Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very much a lover of curvy roads. I enjoy straight line acceleration, but love the twisties even more. If you had to choose, which is your favorite?

03 coupe/graphite/graphite/6MT/nav/prem/aero/FUN

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I second that. Love the twisties.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
I love the twisties, in fact I love them so much that even at the grocery store I slide the cart around the ends of the isles. And speaking of twisites, The Tail of The Dragon is a blast. 318 curves in 11 miles, just watch out for bikes and cops. I am a Dragon Slayer, even made it to the website.
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/slayers/2003/052403.html

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only have 330 miles on my G so all I've been able to test is the handling. So far I love it. Does anybody autocross? How does the G stack up? I used to Solo II a 90 miata and it was a blast.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bill

Does anybody autocross? How does the G stack up?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Lead, you've got a new customer... [:D]

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
If I wanted purely straight line performance, I wouldn't have bought this car.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I like twisties, with a few straight lines.

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance |

·
Registered
427 Posts
Twisties without a doubt in mind. Straight line is for the american car with no capability to turn. They are "ambient turners, they cant turn left." Any one know that line from a movie. And also I didn't mean to offend anyone who owns an american car, i know for example the new corvette acutually has good handling.

2003 G35C / 6mt / LR & Willow Leather / Nav / Premium / Aero / ETA 5 Months, Maybe 1.5 weeks?

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bill
Does anybody autocross? How does the G stack up?
I'll be taking it out at the end of the month...it should be a blast! I was autocrossing an elantra before (stop laughing), so I expect a much improved experience.

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

I love the twisties, in fact I love them so much that even at the grocery store I slide the cart around the ends of the isles. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
ha, me too[:D] Nothing like 4-wheel drift in the frozen food aisle!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

I only have 330 miles on my G so all I've been able to test is the handling. So far I love it. Does anybody autocross? How does the G stack up? I used to Solo II a 90 miata and it was a blast.
Hey Bill,

I guess I'm the resident G Autocrosser here. [:D]

I'm pretty much a novice so all I can tell you is from a newbie perspective. Considering my little experience, I think the G is a great autocross car. I just had another event this weekend and once again was only beat by WRX's with experienced drivers. Came in 4th out of 7 in D-Stock (which I ran in because I was late for my regular street-tire class) so I was pretty happy considering they're allowed race rubber and I'm riding on street tires. Missed 3rd by 0.081 seconds. I've upgraded my suspension so it's amazing with the twisties. Any other questions I can answer for you?

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot
I guess I'm the resident G Autocrosser here. [:D]
Hey lead, do you ever come to Spokes events (Austin)? If so, come say hi! I'll be keeping an eye out for other Gs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Twisties of course, like the majority. But the G holds up well with most other *street* cars in a straight line too!!!

I traded my Z3 M-Roadster (1999) for the G35. So far not disappointed at all. The Z IMHO had more to give in the 90 - 110 MPH range, and would be faster about the twisties (so to speak). But ahhh that ride - what a nice ride the G has compared to the Z. [:)]

'03 G35 Coupe / 5AT / Carrib Blue / Willow Leather / Sport Wheels

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by struan87
[brHey lead, do you ever come to Spokes events (Austin)? If so, come say hi! I'll be keeping an eye out for other Gs.
I'll have to make the trip some time. When's the next event. I need the seat time for sure.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Fwabs

Twisties without a doubt in mind. Straight line is for the american car with no capability to turn. They are "ambient turners, they cant turn left." Any one know that line from a movie. And also I didn't mean to offend anyone who owns an american car, i know for example the new corvette acutually has good handling.

Be careful of broad statements, I could take you for a ride in my American and maybe even make you crap your pants.[lol]

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey leadfoot,
What sort of suspension mods have you done? I'm up to 700 miles now so I'll probably consider autocross in another month. Should prove to be more interesting than the Miata.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts