Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am a 04 g35 coupe owner and was wondering about my stereo!?
I don't have the Bose name anywhere
But the guy at the dealership says cause I have steering wheel controls that I have the Bose system and that I should have a factory amp hooked up under the drivers seat? I want to put a new deck in and speakers but he said to just wait and do a deck it should sound better? What should I do?

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Hello all I am a 04 g35 coupe owner and was wondering about my stereo!?
I don't have the Bose name anywhere
But the guy at the dealership says cause I have steering wheel controls that I have the Bose system and that I should have a factory amp hooked up under the drivers seat? I want to put a new deck in and speakers but he said to just wait and do a deck it should sound better? What should I do?
Well, you can confirm the Bose amp if you look in the trunk under the floor/carpet on the left side of middle up toward the rear seat. As per doing aftermarket audio, I don't have much in the way of opinion or experience on that but many have opted out of the Bose to get a nicer set up. If you are diligent about searching that topic here or at other G35 forums, you'll see plenty of info out there.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
The rear speakers and the deck will say Bose if you have a Bose. Non Bose cars have steering wheel controls too. There never was an amp under the driver seat. Non Bose cars have no external amp. Bose cars have the amp under the plastic cover in the trunk to the left of the rear tire.

It will be easier for you to replace the deck without the Bose amp. Replace the speakers too. You can do better than 12 year old paper speakers.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Good points .... and the BOSE set up really is pretty well identified and labeled if the car has it.
Never thought of it before this post but a car as non-Bose might be a big benefit and a much better situation per the aftermarket audio plan. ! :grin2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts