Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the base sound system in the coupe. I have heard it is terrible, and I will be replacing it. My question is: what are the factory speaker sizes? Also, are there any speakers in the rear window in the base system or is that just premium? I might add speakers there too. I need to know because I have a friend that comes across speakers for really cheap sometimes and I need to tell him what to be looking for. Thanks.

Laser Red, Graphite, 6MT, due June

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Front 6.5's with 1" tweeters
Rear 6.5's

The Bose system adds a 6x9 rear deck speaker as well.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Would I get better sound just by upgrading my speakers alone for now? I was thinking about upgrading to Pioneer Premier 3-ways in the back with 2-ways in the front. This alone should get better clarity out of the sound. What do you guys think?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Not with Bose, those speakers are run at a fraction of the impedence then normal speakers. Slap in a set of Pioneers and there won't be enough resistance for the Bose amp.

You'll need to upgrade the amp... don't have to get anything fancy, just a small 4 channel amp would do. Then you can give your new speakers a good signal.

6-speed

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good. So 6.5" component speakers up front and 6.5" in the back...
Also, is there anything under the rear deck that would prevent me from adding two 6x9s and maybe a 10 or 12" sub? My guy can cut perfect holes, so as long as there aren't lots of wires or strut bars under the rear deck he could do it. Is there even enough room back there to fit all of that? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Are you sure they're 6.5s in the back, VQ? On the premium setup, the speakers in the back seat arm rests are only 4s it would appear to me and the rear deck uses 6x9s. I wasn't aware that they did an entirely different system and instead assumed they simply added two speakers. Of course, having never actually looked at the stock system, I've no idea.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I think we need a member here to get the final answer! I read several posts on other boards that the rear speakers appeared to be 4's but were infact 6.5's when the grill was removed. I believe the actual quote was "pleasantly surprised!" If someone has a free minute, and digital camera, could you confirm?

6-speed

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
That's very interesting...

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Not too sure since the site is blocked here at work, but I would imagine Crutchfield.com would have the exact specs.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
45 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Wren57

I have a question about the base sound system in the coupe. I have heard it is terrible, and I will be replacing it. My question is: what are the factory speaker sizes? Also, are there any speakers in the rear window in the base system or is that just premium? I might add speakers there too. I need to know because I have a friend that comes across speakers for really cheap sometimes and I need to tell him what to be looking for. Thanks.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
You think the coupe is bad....go to your Nissan Dealer and listen to the 350Z'z PREMIUM SYSTEM (in the touring model). Now that Sucks!! [xx(]

"Use the Forced Air Induction Luke"
-Jedi

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well I just finished installing a new amp and speakers in my coupe. The hardest part was replacing the stock 6X9's in the rear deck and running a new power cable from the battery to the trunk. I also had to cut out a spacer for the front door speakers. I didn't bother touching the 2 speakers by the arm rest in the back seat. It sounds great now! [phones]

Here is a picture of the old speaker I pulled out of the rear deck if this helps any.

G35 Coupe
Brilliant Silver
Auto
Everything but NAV
http://www.corevoltage.com

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Looks like you typical Bose speaker... CRAP! And that was for bass too! [banghead]

6-speed

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Awesome, thanks phr34k. Mind if we use that in our install guide?

6-speed

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
wait now im confused. i took apart my whole car at my job circuit city and tested the harness plugged into the stock bose amp, and i found the top left top right bottom left and bottom right wires on the harness to be the 2ohms speaker wires, i dont know.. im trusting you on this anyway please help me i want to put infiniti CP speakers 6.5's in the front and rear doors.. so your saying there are two empty holes in the rear deck for 6x9's????? please write up a fourm on how-to change the bose system, my shop mananger is telling me its not possiable with out changing the radio but i know it is!

<font face="Verdana"><center>2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan : Brilliant Silver : Black Leather : Premium Package : Auto
View my car at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/440604/</center></font id="Verdana">

·
Registered
1,768 Posts

wow go me. yeah i made that in paint its the best i can do i do not have adobe anymore.. well you get the idea of what i mean now, this is my harness, i only have one harness going into the stock amp and i looks like that, i dont know extcally how many holes there are in the harness i just wanted to show you what i ment by the four out side coners, and yes in the middle of the harness there are smaller slots im not sure how many extcally... please help me i dont know what to dooo

<font face="Verdana"><center>2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan : Brilliant Silver : Black Leather : Premium Package : Auto
View my car at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/440604/</center></font id="Verdana">

·
Registered
52 Posts
I still don't understand why car company's use Bose... [banghead]

Dave C. - 2004 Black 6spd Coupe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts