Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard the gains that us G owner will get? The 350Z get's 360hp after the install, but they are not releasing numbers for the G yet. I would figure it to be the same. Can anyone elaborate? I can't wait to hear that zing under the VQs hum... [jump2]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
85 Posts
is it a screw type or a centrifugal type supercharger? the screw type(eaton) supercharger will give you good low end power and torque, and the centrifugal SC will make a bit more power, but it will be higher in the RPM range. but as far as resultant power though, 360 sounds about right.[thmsup]

"If money is the root of all evil, then I'm a Saint...cause I'm broke." - Anonymous

·
Registered
869 Posts
The Stillen kit for the 350Z is a Roots type blower mounted on top of the intake manifold, and it requires a new hood, or at least an additional bulge in it.

I personally prefer the screw type lobes for the positive displacement superchargers, only because (as you may have noticed by my phrasing) the roots type is only a "blower" and does not compress the air flowing into the engine. It shoots air faster and therefore crams it into the combustion chamber causing it to compress. The screw type on the other hand is a much more heat efficient unit, and also compresses the air giving it more potential from the get go.

The biggest problem with the Stillen kit is the blower’s location in my opinion. Being mounted directly to the manifold leaves little room for an intercooler or piping to one. My late Honda Civic suffered from the same problem and consequently suffered from bogging in the summer due to heat soak of the incoming air.

If anyone has any questions about superchargers I am more than happy to explain.

AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]

2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Sirmilton

If anyone has any questions about superchargers I am more than happy to explain.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Absolutely Milt! Glad to have you on the board. It's pretty apparent you know your stuff. Me, I'm the guy who loves to drive a car really fast, yet has no idea about why or how it does. That's probably the only thing that has kept me from trying to pursue a racing career of some kind.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
869 Posts
Thanks for the compliment Lead... I say race anyways [crazy]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I keep reading up on rumors about superchargers and turbos all alike. So which one is it? [dunno]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
869 Posts
I'll give you a really quick crash course:

Supercharger is a term that encompasses many different devices in respect to your car.

A supercharger most commonly refers to a device used for increasing the airflow into the engine by compressing and/or propelling the air. This device is attached to the pulley system on your engine to achieve this.

A Turbo also increases the flow of air into your engine by propelling and compressing air. This device is attached to your exhaust manifold and uses the increasing flow of exhaust gases to propel the "compressor" side of the housing.

In actual fact a Turbo is a form of supercharger, but in common terms a turbo uses exhaust gases to pump/compress air, and a supercharger uses the pulley system to pump/compress air.

If you want to know more, I can go into real detail.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Sirmilton

I'll give you a really quick crash course:

Supercharger is a term that encompasses many different devices in respect to your car.

A supercharger most commonly refers to a device used for increasing the airflow into the engine by compressing and/or propelling the air. This device is attached to the pulley system on your engine to achieve this.

A Turbo also increases the flow of air into your engine by propelling and compressing air. This device is attached to your exhaust manifold and uses the increasing flow of exhaust gases to propel the "compressor" side of the housing.

In actual fact a Turbo is a form of supercharger, but in common terms a turbo uses exhaust gases to pump/compress air, and a supercharger uses the pulley system to pump/compress air.

If you want to know more, I can go into real detail.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

No you are not understanding my inquiry. I know very well how the two work (my last car was a turbo SR20DET, and my brother in law's car is a supercharged Mustang Cobra.) I was reffering to which one will be coming out for our G's, since there is very little information on this out right now. Thanks for your good intentions though...

XL

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Hey uncle Milty, whether you understood X's question or not, I found your information very informative. Thanks!

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah Milty, you'd get a quick job working for howstuffworks.com! [:D]

XL

·
Registered
869 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">From Freshalloy.com

The new Stillen 350Z supercharger is based on a Roots Style Eaton Blower supercharger.

http://www.freshalloy.com/site/cars/nissan/2003/z/stillen/002/home.shtml

This would be a postive displacement supercharger. The same unit will be availible for the G35coupe, and if there is enough interest the sedan also.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow that is one nice looking machine for the racing enthusiast! Thanks gsuIrvin. That red coupe looks closer to a skyline than a G35C, but it still looks good. I'm trying to build a ride that can be the perfect balance between class and performance, without crossing each other's path. Let's see how it goes... Take it easy gsuIrvin...

XL

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would never have touched that grill, but to each his own.

XL

·
Registered
869 Posts
The Z has a full fiber glass hood made for the SC, I hope they make a metal or aluminum one for the G35

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

The Z has a full fiber glass hood made for the SC, I hope they make a metal or aluminum one for the G35<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I agree. Aluminum is a much better surface for painting, not to mention an overall stronger structureall together. [hammer]

XL

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

I would never have touched that grill, but to each his own.
Man! I noticed that before the hood even. Don't like that at all!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts