Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to the folks at Stillen last night and it seems that the parts for the Z will not fit on our coupes. He did say that they were producing parts for the G35 though. I know that they are going to make a supercharger, complete exhaust(that includes headers), and a computer for the car. I told him that my goal was around 400rwhp and he said that with the s/c and the complete exhaust I should be able to get that without any problems. The only catch is that the exhaust does not come as a kit. You are going to have to buy the different parts seperately. That meaning that the Cats will be seperate from the mufflers which will be seperate from the headers. You get the picture. Just some new news.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sounds Expensive...if i were to ever mod (if i get the G) would prolly just be the computer...add a chip and i'll be happy...get maybe 295 or so...

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not think that I could just leave it at that. After getting nailed by that M3, I have a personal goal to convincingly defeat one. The s/c is going to run around 4K. That is expensive, but not as bad when you think about the amount of HP gain. The exhaust is just to complement the extra air that the car will take in with the s/c.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The preliminary results of the S/C on the Z were unimpressive that I saw. How have things changed in that regard? I think that charger is in my future but not until my warranty expires...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Voiding warranty is another thing...i heard Nismo is realsing a Chip for the G...but it could be a rumor. If nismo releases one that would be great meaning its an official Nissan product and warranty will not be voided especially if installed by the dealer..

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
It may still void the warranty even if it's a Nissan part, but I assume a dealer installed one would be totally kosher. Not that it really matters. It's usually pretty trivial to yank a chip out of a car. So long as you remember to do this before taking it in for each servicing you should be cool. I have a friend that has done this for years on various cars and trucks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was doing some research on getting some Stillen stuff and a friend of mine told me not to. He said that for the most part Stillen is just re-badged, other parts company product and that they have bad customer service too. Anybody else have any theory on this or experience? I don't want to get into a bad situation with parts and losing money, etc.

-- Josh

·
Registered
256 Posts
I looked at getting a Stillen SC when it first came out. Semi On is correct in saying that the results were unimpressive. The guys who installed my SC, did several Stillen installs (on both 350z's and G35s), and they never got more than 338HP at the rear with a Stillen.

Jotay21 -- 4K for the SC? That is for the Stillen right? The Vortec and ATI SCs are more than that. (About 2K more, but you get what you pay for.)

6MT Black on Black - Premium / Nav / Aero / ATI Procharger
366 rwhp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts