Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to order Boston Acoustic speakers...does anyone know how many/where the speakers are in the G? Other details?

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Black Obsidian / Graphite

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Duh. I should have put this thread in the Audio/Nav forum...sorry. Just need to figure out speaker size, etc so I can order soon.

6-speed

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
6.5" components up front.

4" fill that I'd ignore if I were you in the back seat arm rest.

6x9" rear fill (go with a one way, you don't want highs from your back seat if you're looking for a good sound stage).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BA makes 6.5 system with a 6½-inch woofer, 4-inch midrange and a 1-inch tweeter that will fit in a speaker compartment - 2 in the rear? Or all the way around?

6-speed

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
If you were using the housings already in place, you'd put the 6.5" woofer in the door with the 1" tweeter on the mounting for the side mirrors and the 4" mid in the back seat arm rest. However, the cross over is going to be putting your mid level audio in the back seat, seperate from your woofer and tweeter. I can't imagine the result would be good.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is not what I would want either. I will have to look at an alternative....I just don't have the time to dedicate though. [angel]

6-speed

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Just get a 2 piece component system with a 6.5" mid and a 1" tweeter. Those go in the door housings already there. Then, if you want rear fill add a pair of one way 6x9s in the rear. I'd ignore the 4" speaker in the back entirely.

You'd probably only need a single 10" sub if you wanted to go all out as well.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much will the factory receiver be able to handle?

6-speed

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Bose's setup is totally unique to Bose. They run .75 Ohm speakers in order to get enough volume out of their crap. You'll need a new amp and a little adapter than converts the output of the deck into a line out for the amp.

I would NOT recommend using their amp and the deck itself can't power the speakers.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. This sounds like a job for a man....now, if I could just find one useful for anything other than administering the hot salami...

6-speed

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by FLaCo

Hey, Semi...why ignore the 4' speaker on the side back?[dunno]

FLaCo = SKiNNy
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If you want to use it for a seperate 4" rear fill speaker, go ahead, but a 6x9 should be sufficient for that.

What isn't a good idea is using the mid in a three piece component system. You'll wind up with all your mid range audio coming from you rear at a different time than your highs and lows as well as dampened from the seats in between you and the speakers. The result would likely be a serious hole in the music at your ear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts