Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the leather on the steering wheel feel pretty durable? I had a problem with my Dodge Ram. I wore a hole right through the leather on that steering wheel. I think it might just be the way I drive. Who knows.

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
IMO the leather is of a very nice quality and is very grippy. I have not had any problems with wear yet. Although, I do switch between having two hands on the wheel at 3 and 9, and one hand on the wheel at 12... I think you will be impressed with the Leather though and I don't see it being a problem.

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool....My problem is the way I turn. I palm the steering wheel alot. I try not to, but it's hard to get rid of some habbits.

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Tomorrow!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would think if you drive with your hand(s) in the same location all the time, the steering wheel will was wear on it. Of course this would take a long time but sooner or later it would. How about wrapping the wheel with a <font color="pink">pink</font id="pink"> fuzzy wheel cover [ghey]
I sure hope you don't do that. [:p]
The leather might get smooth in the location you place your hands. The texture wouldn't last forever.

G35 Coupe
6MT DG/W prem, aero, navless

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
So far so good... but only 4 months old. [dunno]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
230 Posts
Same here, no signs of wear. Proper care should make it last a long time. The biggest problems with leather anything in a car, it the leather dries out and begins to crack and wear and flake away. The oils from your hands might even expedite this process. I typically clean, moisturize and condition leather seats 2-3 times a year, but I'll do the steering wheel, shift knob, and armrest 8 or so times per year.

Signs of wear are inevitable, but caring for the leather properly will mean the difference between a aged or mature looking interior and an old looking interior.

Good luck.........

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.