Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the steering wheel on an 07 sedan at the dealership and thought it would look really nice in the coupe. Has anyone attempted this? It has the same controls.... the parts rep didnt think it would be feasible-- but he also referred to the paddle shifters as an accelerator. The paddles are not part of the wheel from what I can tell. I prefer the all black design vs the black/aluminum in the coupe. I offered my car as an experiment but they didnt bite.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Was wondering about updating the '04 steering wheel for the '05-'07 to get the lit controls. Any issues with the airbag/sensors doing just a swap?

·
Registered
39 Posts
yes i also have been thinking about changing the steering wheel. I like the look of the new G35 sedan wheel as it looks more refined and sporty like than our current steering wheel.

·
Registered
13,512 Posts
Perfection would be the G37 Interior & engine... & the G35 exterior!!
i agree...they shouldve left it as was and just swapped in the new motor

now you're cookin with gas

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
Was wondering about updating the '04 steering wheel for the '05-'07 to get the lit controls. Any issues with the airbag/sensors doing just a swap?
You can do that. You just need to connect + and - wires to power the lights.

There are a couple of threads on Driver on how to do this.

You will use the same airbag connections.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to revive this topic alittle bit who else is looking for information regarding this. I personally just sent my wheel to woodensteeringwheels. I asked them to rebuild it and make it look like the coupe's and they did it no problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts