Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some interesting news. My car's left tie rod got bent in the small side collision I was involved in 1 week ago. Here's the interesting part. I spoke to my bodyshop consultant from the dealership, and she told me that both my left and right tie rod ends have been replaced (the right one at no charge since it was no involved in the collision). Some type of an update from the factory. The new ones are Zinc-Chromate plated Titanium, where as the old ones were Steel Alloy. I guess it's all about Infiniti's ongoing attempt to lighten the G while keeping it as strong as possible. The new rod ends are supposed to be stronger and more impact resistant as well as have more tensile strength.[hammer] But please don't crash to find these things out![lol] I guess in my case, I found this out and came up with something good to bring my mood up out of the whole depression stage![clapper]

Any other updates you guys hear about, let us know.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Hmmm, been having a clunk kinda sound over road bumps for a couple of weeks now. Almost like a loose shock. Not the new sway bars, I put it up and checked/tightened. Stopped by the dealer for a tech check. He says it sounds like a new tie rod end for me too. Baahh, 2 days in a FX loaner and my rattles fixed too! [8D]

2004 | 6MTs | Diamond Graphite/Graphite
Upstate NY

1 - 2 of 2 Posts