Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a G35 with the Bose system and it was cool but didn't blow me away. Is the standard stereo ALSO a Bose system, or is the upgraded one only a Bose with the 225 watts and 8 speakers? I mean if I'm paying an extra $900.00 for a stereo system I want it to KICK! Did anyone else install their own system? How does it compare to the upgraded Bose and what was the cost?

Thanks a lot![^]

·
Registered
427 Posts
The standard sound system is not a Bose sound system. But as for cost goes for upgrading to different speakers they will end up costing you about this:
1. 6.5inch Components Front = $300
2. 6.5inch coaxial Rear Side = $200
3. 6X9inch coaxial Rear Deck = $250
4. (2)Amp 55W x 4 = $400 a piece
5. Wires & Instal = $150-180

The speaker prices I used are from Infinitys Kappa line. The amps are Alpines. But if you just get the standard stereo you can scratch off #3 and #4 and in place of the amps I would recomend Audiobahn A6601Q Amplifier, it retails for 650 but I've seen it for 440 and it is 75W x 6 channels so your taken care of there.

2003 G35C / 6mt / DG & Willow Leather / Nav / Premium / Aero / ETA December

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The standard sound system is not a Bose sound system.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'm fairly convinced it is, but advertising it as such would make it pretty hard to sell an extra 50 watt amp and a couple of really shitty speakers for $900.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">whats the total?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If you look in the accessories folder in you start menu's programs section, you'll find a calculator.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">whats the total?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If you look in the accessories folder in you start menu's programs section, you'll find a calculator.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Now that was f'ing funny!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Semi is right. The standard stereo is also Bose. The "premium" stereo simply adds more watts and 2 extra speakers. Totally not worth it in my opinion. Only get it if you want the extras that come with the premium package. Unfortunately, the non-premium coupes are more rare.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anybody know how to get the rear speakers out of the G ? Are we talking about a easy switch, or do you have to take apart the rear of the car ? - Jim

·
Registered
427 Posts
The standard stereo is not a Bose stereo. At Bose's web site http://www.bose.com/auto/infiniti/g35_coupe.shtml it clearly says that the Bose sound system is optional on the coupe. Showing that the standard system is just made by Infiniti.

2003 G35C / 6mt / DG & Willow Leather / Nav / Premium / Aero / ETA December

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Fwabs,

You don't give us Marketers enough credit.

Saying this:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The Bose sound system is optional in the G35 Sport Coupe<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Doesn't mean the stock system isn't the same thing minus the two speakers and an extra amp. All it means is that the "Bose sound system" is an option but they don't define specifically what they mean by that. Were they to say that the name for the total package is "Bose Sound System" and the name for the package without the extra two speakers and the amp is something else, they would still be telling the truth.

Notice how none of the other speakers in cars equiped with this package are marked as Bose externally.

Of course, we won't know for sure until someone can yank both out and compare.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts