Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about the little oft used splash guard option?

Does it look good? Opinions?

I have decided that the side trim molding for $140 is a MUST HAVE, but unsure about these Mud Guards.

HELP![bowdown]

/NEPTUNE

Okay Make my own damn mind up for me!

/Neptune

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I think the spash guards are probably a good option. Don't have them on mine yet, but I think they look pretty good, and assuming they work well, will make it easier to keep the car clean.

Body side moldings on the otherhand, I wouldn't get if your car didn't already come with them (mine did). They might prevent a few door dings, but doors come in so many different shapes and sizes that I doubt they'll stop them all. Personally (I've said this before on some other threads), I just don't think they add to the look of the car.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
818 Posts
Splash Guards...YES!!!! Without them the bottom of your paint behind each wheel will get trashed...

BSM....Nah.....Was gonna do it, but they're so thin, that I doubt they will protect you much at all...Kloh made an excellent point in one thread...The likely-hood of those BSM's being in the right spot on such a low car is slim-to-none....

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero/Prem

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
They're ugly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What is the price difference if you purchase the splash guards and side skirts from the dealer or another wholesaler? I just purchased a 04 Infiniti G35 C (waiting) and I am thinking that I should have spent the $1700 to have the dealer put it in. Does the front bumper change? Does any car in this forums gallery have the kit?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I don't have splash guards and I've got about 6500 miles now and I haven't noticed any wear behind the wheels - not sure if this may change over time. As for me I'm kinda sitting on the fence with giving advise about adding them. If the car came with them I wouldn't object to it, but I'm not so sure if I'd add them on. I don't think they enhance the look of the car, but I also don't think they take anything away.

Sorry, guess I'm no help......[dunno]

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
17 Posts
<font color="blue"><font size="5"><font size="1"><font face="Comic Sans MS">I love mine... they give the car just a bit of added depth from the rear and they do work as well... some people don't like the fronts but I find them attractive for me. I have recieved a compliment on there look.

I got mine at Grubbs..best price and a great place to purchase Infiniti stuff... I got my clear side markers at Japanparts.com... also an easy transaction...

Good luck and enjoy your "G"

TC </font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size1"></font id="size5"></font id="blue">

"There is a Very Fine Line Between "Hobby and Mental Illness".

·
Registered
9 Posts
tc - did you get that kit after you purchased the car or after? If after was it painted? What was the cost to add it? Does it also have a added kit for the front bumper or just side skirts and rear splash guards?

·
Registered
17 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by mickeyd

tc - did you get that kit after you purchased the car or after? If after was it painted? What was the cost to add it? Does it also have a added kit for the front bumper or just side skirts and rear splash guards?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I bought the splash guards after I purchased the "G".. They come painted to match your car.. I paid like $136.00 for the guards and installed them myself.. NO front bumper kit..[banghead] and I really wanted that lip.. so I have to wait like most everyone else till it comes out at a decent-non-ripoff-price[:D]. No side molding for me.. I don't like the way it looks..

TC
[cheers]

"There is a Very Fine Line Between "Hobby and Mental Illness".

·
Registered
9 Posts
tc-I just ordered a 2004 g35 coupe dg with every option but the side skirts, front bumper and splash guards. I will put those parts on myself...thanks for your advice. How do you like the car? Do you have the stick or auto? I have to wait until mid Sept for mine. Do you have willow or graphite interior? If you get a chance post a picture with the splash guards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts