Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I heard our G's come with Speed Sensitive Wipers if you purchased the Premium Package.

I have the premium package and I dont see any speed sensitve wiping going on.

Is there a trick to activating this feature?

As always...[cheers]

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Haven't used the feature yet but if it is similar to the one in the Acura CL, if you are on the fastest intermittent setting, when you start to roll, the wipers go to low speed continous setting. When you stop, they return to intermittent. Not much of a feature really.

03 Laser Red 6MT | Willow int | No fancy stuff | 30% Tint and 3M Clear Bra

·
Registered
9 Posts
I remember reading that in the brochure also. I use Rain-X so my wipers never get used.

Russ
Black, Willow, 6MT Coupe, Aero, Nav
Jax, FL

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I assume it's just the natural behavior of the wipers. We had a misting of rain when I went to lunch today and I could have sworn they sped up while I drove but I may be imagining that.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I've noticed that mine work as stated. In the rain at a light they're slow, and as you speed up they get faster, no matter what setting it's on.

<font size="1">'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav</font id="size1">

·
Registered
237 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by TrentaCinque

I remember reading that in the brochure also. I use Rain-X so my wipers never get used.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Rain-X ROCKS!![rockon] I've used Rain-X for almost 8 yrs now and it still amazes me. Just don't let it drip or sit on the trimming (plastic) of the car. It will dry out some trimming that isn't painted.
I use the wipers manually. Just to wipe some road gunk off when it's raining.[bowdown]
The fog-x stuff sux.
I'm going to try Rain-X Wheel Protectant. Maybe it will help with brake dust.

G35 Coupe
6MT DP/W prem, aero, navless

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Don't they have Rain-X wax for the paint? Has anyone tried that?

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Pictures |

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm a firm believer that when people are known to do something well they shouldn't automatically be trusted to do something else as well. What I mean is Rain-X makes great window "wax" so they should stick to that and not try to branch out to paint protectants.

Russ
Black, Willow, 6MT Coupe, Aero, Nav
Jax, FL

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
does 06 with premium package have a rain sensor to automatically control the wipers?
i thought my wipers were going to activate on their own last night, but they didnt!

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I do use it all the time, but i dont find what i want. I mean i pretty much stuck a new thread under this just coz it says "wipers"...
the drawback of that is no one replies if the thread is old! i only got one wacky reply...

·
Premium Member
105,691 Posts
I do use it all the time, but i dont find what i want. I mean i pretty much stuck a new thread under this just coz it says "wipers"...
the drawback of that is no one replies if the thread is old! i only got one wacky reply...
doggy was just saying what I said....you super bumped this thread back up

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
The mods don't really like folks bringing back super old threads, don't know why, but whatever. I would say the best place to look would be in the manual that came with the car.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
hmm... i thought i read somewhere that it's better to use an existing thread rather than reposting, or flooding the place with threads. maybe it was another forum hehe
thanks guys!
btw, whos the mod on 6mt?

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
does 06 with premium package have a rain sensor to automatically control the wipers?
i thought my wipers were going to activate on their own last night, but they didnt!
I'll answer the question since no one else wants to ;)

There is no "rain sensor" like the BMWs have where the wipers come on auto magicaly and adjusts speed on their own.

The G has speed variable wipers. what this means.... if you have the wipers set in < intermittent mode > ---let me reemphasize. only works in intermittent mode. The wipers will auto magically speed up and slow down based on your speed. This is very handy if you are driving through the city and come to a stop light - the wipers slow down. and most of the time it is enough to where the wipers are not running over "dry" windshield.

and I'm spent.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
thanks!
yeah i noticed that. i noticed that on my stereo system too. when i speed the sound goes up, and when i stop it goes down. i notice it when i suddenly stop because it has like 1/2 second delay

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
you can change setting on that as well so it is less intrusive ... I like to manually control the music volume.

I found that if you have it low and having a conversation with someone while driving it sucks because it gets louder when you don't want it. so now I have it set to the lowest. --- can't really tell it gets louder but it does just barely

1 - 20 of 24 Posts