Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up y'all. I'm thinking about buying a G sedan within the next few months. What are the performance differences in the 6-speed vs. the auto? Does it come with different suspension, or engine? What about the Brembo's, does the 6 speed sedan get them?

Joe

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The sedan isn't coming with Brembos (I don't think[;)]). Haven't seen any reviews yet as far as 0-60 times or anything yet.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
16 Posts
you lose less hp with a manual vs an automatic, thats pretty much the only reason manual siblings are faster. I dont care if the sedan 6mt doesnt come with brembos, the brakes are VERY GOOD as is...and Im sure many companies will offer brake upgrade kits later on...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yup. Deja, from what I gather you have an auto sedan? The auto in the G is supposed to be pretty quick. Have you had a chance to really open it up yet? The way autos are getting these days, you'd have to be a GREAT stick driver to beat 'em! My $.02 [:D] Manuals, however, are MUCH more fun to drive.

6-speed

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Your exactly right VQ. Most of these street racers ARE NOT good drivers and don't know how to shift correctly. I went to a driving school a few years back and its amazing what all you learn. One little slip or sqeal with a manual and your toast from an equivalent powered car with an auto...but more so with the auto's nowadays.

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The larger engines these days also have enough torque to almost even out any negative effects that an auto would cause. I think the only cars where auto vs. manual makes a HUGE difference, is in the little 4 cylinder corollas and economy cars.

6-speed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts