Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
105,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Admin:

I noticed since the website was redone there has been a high volume of spammers getting through. We had very little get through before. Now we see multiple spammers posting daily. Just thought I'd let you know if you want to look into it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Very true. Lots more of that traffic picking up.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Not sure what is in place to prevent bots from creating accounts but might get creative with some captcha , image verification, or change the code for user access and posting.

·
Administrator
421 Posts
I have turned on the human verification question and answer function. Is this question too hard? What state of matter is a solid ice cube?

Also, new registrations will have their emails, Ip addresses and usernames checked to see if they are on the stopforumspam banned list. If they are, their registration won't go through.

~KM, community support

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Cool lets get all James Bond-ish !! (OH ,, and please publish the answer to that test question).

I'm a low tech old fart so when I recently converted my phone to the fingerprint ID function, I figured it would be way tricky to use my wife's index finger.

The only down-side is she has to be with me at all times so I can send and receive texts or use the phone feature. But High Tech Security .. ?

You Betcha !!

·
Administrator
105,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have turned on the human verification question and answer function. Is this question too hard? What state of matter is a solid ice cube?

Also, new registrations will have their emails, Ip addresses and usernames checked to see if they are on the stopforumspam banned list. If they are, their registration won't go through.

~KM, community support
Great, hope that helps.

·
Administrator
421 Posts
Akismet anti spam scanning has also been enabled, new users posting links under x number of posts will get sent directly to moderation. Also when you remove the spammers are you using the one-touch tool?

KN

·
Administrator
421 Posts
I've noticed some of them go into moderation but more often than not, they go right through without it.
We could look into adding a new usergroup to the forum that will place all news users post into moderation first. Current we do not have anything set up like this on the forum.

~ dm, community support

1 - 20 of 27 Posts