Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Is there anyone here that knows of (or has heard of) any good service writers at the Infiniti dealerships here in San Diego? I need to get some service done on my G35 6MT and I'd like to take it to someone I can trust.

Thanks,
EVLG35

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
My naive perception is that Infiniti is so gung ho on this Total Ownership Experience thing that most dealerships would be pretty safe. But then again, I may just be buying into marketing BS.

It was probably the houseplant they sent me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They sent you a houseplant? That's something different. Well, from what I've been hearing and from my own experience about the service so far at Infiniti dealerships is that it's not very customer friendly. A few people have posted on forums that they've gotten their cars back with damage or incorrectly replaced parts. The only good experience I've had with Infiniti was at their Thousand Oaks Infiniti dealership but I can't go there for service because it's two and a half hours from where I live. Hopefully there's someone out there who has had a good experience with service here in SD.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Really? My dealership has bent over backwards to make sure I'm absolutely as happy as humanly possible. I assumed this was the norm for Infiniti as that's a big part of why people buy from luxury car dealerships.

·
Registered
172 Posts
which dealer did you go to again semi? too bad i wont be here when i buy mine ............

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Scottsdale Infiniti on McDowell and 70th St.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is Scottsdale Infiniti in Arizona? That's good that they treat you well but I'm looking for one here in San Diego, CA. Anybody know any?

·
Registered
1 Posts
EVL G35 would like to hear what you find, as I was underwhelmed by the treatment I received from Discover Infiniti on Convoy. The salesman had no G35coupe, no literature for it and no interest in talking with me. I ended up purchasing mine from Beverly Hills. Not yet sure where I'm going to take it for service in SD.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by EVLG35

Is Scottsdale Infiniti in Arizona? That's good that they treat you well but I'm looking for one here in San Diego, CA. Anybody know any?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
malibugrif,
the only infiniti dealership that treated me well (in terms of sales) was in thousand oaks (a bit past beverly hills). all the other infiniti dealers elsewhere were very unfriendly, even the ones in San Diego like Kearny and Carlsbad. but recently, due to an error with my navigation system, i was forced to go to the Carlsbad Discover Infiniti. i chose Carlsbad because the service consultant i spoke with at Kearny Mesa seemed very incompetent. anyways, the service people at Carlsbad seemed friendly enough for the hour that i was there. i didn't want to leave my car with them so i waited. i got my car without any damage...i think. i'll let u know if i'm still happy with their service when they install the part they ordered for my car successfully.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Anyone get theirs from Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys? Good Experience or Bad?

I actually live closer to Valencia and there's a new dealership opening up there, but I have no idea when. It's still under construction so I gotta go down south a little.

-Ken

-------
impatiently waiting for my Diamond Graphite...

·
Registered
119 Posts
I bought my G35MT sedan in Mission Viejo because the San Diego monolopy does not appear to get it. I have not tried the service department, but the sales side was the best. I will service mine up there to start with. I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, new member here. I haven't bought the G35 yet but I'm shopping for one right now. I went to Escondido Discovery Infiniti, bad experience. The salesman just stood there and chatted away without offering a test drive. I went to Kearny Mesa, they helped me right away and gave me a test drive. A better experience by far. I've heard that Mission Viejo is quite good. I've bought my Land Rover (the car I'm going to trade in for the G35) in Mission Viejo. I've also heard that there's larger volume in Mission Viejo Infiniti. Does this mean my chances of getting a good deal are better than in San Diego? What's your take on this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Get a hold of James at Infiniti Mission Viejo. You can get to him via inifiti's website. He took very good care of me and had the right product, the right price and great service. I am truly sorry for the San Diego County. Perhaps enough business will go elsewhere that maybe the Discovery OWNERS would figure it out. With the exception of the fleet guy in Kearny Mesa, the entire Discovery monopoly just sucks!

At least you know you do have the right car!

G35/S/6MT DP over Graphite, Premium.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gentlemen, New member here. I encourage you to check out Mission Viejo Infinity. Ask for Ron Albon. He gave me superior service and a fair deal. That special lease deal that was floating around last May... $399/month. Great deal - he went in for half on the Bose Stereo upgrade.

·
Registered
12 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by EVLG35

malibugrif,
the only infiniti dealership that treated me well (in terms of sales) was in thousand oaks (a bit past beverly hills). all the other infiniti dealers elsewhere were very unfriendly, even the ones in San Diego like Kearny and Carlsbad. but recently, due to an error with my navigation system, i was forced to go to the Carlsbad Discover Infiniti. i chose Carlsbad because the service consultant i spoke with at Kearny Mesa seemed very incompetent. anyways, the service people at Carlsbad seemed friendly enough for the hour that i was there. i didn't want to leave my car with them so i waited. i got my car without any damage...i think. i'll let u know if i'm still happy with their service when they install the part they ordered for my car successfully.

travis escalante

·
Registered
12 Posts

malibugrif,

I bought two cars from the team Infiniti dealership in Ventura< california and the experience has been horrible, I have one of the cars switched out because of damaged cause on warranty issues and the other one has problems as well, I really feel that the Quality and service and the cars themselfs is not great, I really feel someone has to stand up to these dealers and there bad quality service.

travis escalante

·
Registered
11 Posts
i called 7 dealers lookin for my color in stick...
cerritos has the biggest selection around.
cant vouche for the service, but they had the car.
and they dont mark it up like *cough BH cough*
total satisfaction BS!
but i got the car, and it was worth it.
so Im happy.
But truly, i had a way better experience dealing with 2 Lexus' i been through. i still have 2 plants with those cars. I still feel Infiniti CS is still in the footsteps of Lexus...but thank god the G35 isnt [:D]
But seriously, will i get another plant??????
what kind did u get?

G35 coupe
6MT
Diamond Graphite
Aero
Navi
aka "Da Works!"

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I never got a plant... doesn't much matter to me though. I heard earlier that Cerritos did add a bunch of their own options and marked up their cars -- but that might just be a few noted exceptions. I have also heard the same in terms of their CS. I was pretty happy with Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
11 Posts
yep, their CS is pretty shitty..and they do put crap on the car to mark it up....for instance:
They call me and say they have the car.
Then I asked how much is the sticker?
He responds "$37650"
So I go in, and look at the car, only to see some ugly ass chrome rims on em. So then i look at the sticker and its like another 2500 mark up for just the rims. So then i also saw that they put on some blacked out emblem package (forgot the title)....but the fact is that the emblems were still silver. and they wanted to charge close to $300 for something that costs $100 to do. haha
in any case i told em im not buyin the car unless they remove the rims and replace them with non chrome ones. My salesman had to ask the sales manager. So i told him "i got $10k in cash in my pocket, and if ur not willing to swap the rims with another car in the lot for a sale right now, well thats too bad im outta here."
so the sales manager said "swap the rims"
i go outside, and see that they move a car with the 17 inch rims.
i said "hell no, u need to put on the 18's, the 6mt comes with 18's"
the salesman goes "oh yea, ur right"
durrrrrrrrrrrrrr

-----------------------
G35 coupe
6MT
Diamond Graphite
Aero
Navi
aka "Da Works!"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts