Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All: A week ago my wife, with my strong encouragement, got a new G35 6MT with the NAV system. We both love it -- but there certainly are some frustrations. For example: (1) the security system light blinks after the engine has been shut off whether or not the security system has been armed. I have been assured by Infiniti that this is normal (and, indeed, every G35 on their lot exhibits the same behavior -- but it strikes me as unhelpful! (2) the NAV system requires that you agree to its terms EVERY TIME you boot it up. Granted, this doesn't require very much, just punch the "Enter" button -- but it makes you feel you are in a rented car, instead of your own; (3) cupholder for the front seat passengers is so far behind the seating position for anyone under 6 feet, 6 inches, that it seems to me essentially useless. (4) It is one long, difficult stretch for a front seat passenger to reach back and capture his/her seatbelt. Oh yes, and our first problem -- our Bose (no highs, no lows, must be Bose) 6 cd changer will, for whatever reason, only accept five cds! CD tray 4 doesn't seem capable of grabbing any cds offered to it. As indicated, I view this as a problem -- rather than a peeve.

Any other peeves that I have missed?

p.s. Love the forum, many thanks to the administrators for the time and effort.

michael klein

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">(1) the security system light blinks after the engine has been shut off whether or not the security system has been armed.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I think it arms itself after a certain period of time. Roll down the windows, shut the car off and wait for a bit until the light starts blinking. Then try to open the door by reaching inside and pulling the handle.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">(2) the NAV system requires that you agree to its terms EVERY TIME you boot it up. Granted, this doesn't require very much, just punch the "Enter" button -- but it makes you feel you are in a rented car, instead of your own<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I agree completely, but I'm sure it's a legal issue and will undoubtedly get them out of a lawsuit when some jackass runs over a school bus or something while he's playing with his Navi.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">(3) cupholder for the front seat passengers is so far behind the seating position for anyone under 6 feet, 6 inches, that it seems to me essentially useless. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've heard this one around the net, but I like it. I'm only 5'10" and I don't have too much trouble reaching it. More importantly, it's totally out of the way of my shifting arm. The only other place I can conceive of taking a cup and not being in the way of the shifter, is on the dash which would look ugly to me.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">(4) It is one long, difficult stretch for a front seat passenger to reach back and capture his/her seatbelt. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It's better than a lot of cars I've been in thanks to the goofy little arm, but it is indeed a stretch. A girlfriend in highschool's mom had an SL Mercedes that actually had an arm that extended forward when you sat down to hand you the seatbelt...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Oh yes, and our first problem -- our Bose (no highs, no lows, must be Bose) 6 cd changer will, for whatever reason, only accept five cds! CD tray 4 doesn't seem capable of grabbing any cds offered to it.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

THAT is under warranty. You should get that one fixed.

Regards,
Semi

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
My own:

1) The VDC doesn't stay off when you turn the car on again.
2) The little console in the middle doesn't spring open very well at all.
3) I hate Bose sound
4) The Navi should be a touch screen.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Semi-

I noticed that if you turn off SVC and keep the volume down below 15 the sound is OK. Anything over 15 and the speakers get distorted.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
They're still rolling off at 200Hz and 4kHz which means you're missing a shit load of music.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
200Hz - 4KHz... That's awful!

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Kleinmak,

Regarding your CD player, mine did that when I first took deliver of the car. I unloaded all the CDs, reinserted them and it seems fine now. You might want to try that.

-- mike

2003 G35C 6MT,Leather,Prem

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

200Hz - 4KHz... That's awful!

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

There's a pretty big dip between them too. The frequency response of Bose speakers drops by as much as -40dB in the audible range outside those two peaks. By overemphasizing those two frequencies, they think they can make up for a total lack of sound everywhere else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts