Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the tint shop, and asked the guy about metallic based black from SolarGuard, and he said there is no such thing. He says the closest thing to a black that's metallic based is Titanium, which is actually a half dyed, half metallic film, and has a dark greyish slightly reflective look. It fades eventually, but takes al lot more time... Is there anybody that can confirm the existence of an actual fully metallic based black?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I guess I really wouldn't call mine true black when the light hits it. At night, on the other hand...

·
Registered
96 Posts
X-
Try a 3M tint. I had my 540i tinted 2 years ago. The shop gave me a pamphlet explaining the full metallic, non-fading, 3M material. I have had no complaints since day 1.

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spoke to the guy today. I am getting Solar Guard Titanium 26% on my sedan for eighty bucks. (They usually do the regular black for that price, and all others for $110.00), but I know the guy for a long time, so I guess I got lucky! I can't wait for the cozyness that tints bring! I relly miss it plus the comfort of privacy and leather/interior protection.

X

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Not bad, I paid $140 for my tint.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
That's a great deal. I also paid $140 here in Houston.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Lead, did your windows slow down a lot?

X

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I didn't notice a slow down with this car, but with my Pathfinder the windows got slower and slower as time went by. Not really sure if it was because of the tint, but I guess I never really thought about it.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

1 - 8 of 8 Posts