Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, what is everyones hobbies around here?

Is anyone here into R/C's?

Here are my toys:

First off, this is my Baja 5B! Its almost 3ft long, 30lbs, and it has a 26cc gas engine!

This is my Savage X, its about half the size of the Baja and just as fun!

Another one of my savage next to my brothers savage

And here is a short video of my Savage doing a back flip, its kind of dated and the video isnt the greatest but it gives you and idea of what these things are all about:

·
Super Moderator
27,333 Posts
I have an emaxx but it hasn't seen the light of day in a few years.

hobbies right now are engineering statics, chemistry I, and Humanities.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Those damn things would only make me wanna drive my car wild. I'd end up with speeding tickets, broken bones and unaffordable insurance rates.
(Kinda like the first 4 or 5 years of having my drivers license now that I think about it).
IMO- They should be banned well before anything is discussed regarding firemarms. :D

I still like to ski and mtn bike but used to be much more active in those activites .... still have a keen ear for music and enjoying nice sound equip but have yet to help out the G-coupe ($$).

Spending money must be big on my hobby list or else I'd be living on an island in the summer and skiing all winter.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,487 Posts
When I get some free time between work and school, I like to travel and go target shooting. Ammo is expensive these days though.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
I definitely enjoy mechanic type work- I'm a machinist so it's fun to be able to make whatever I need for little projects. I made some spacers for my wheels a little while ago but decided not to use them.

·
Super Moderator
27,333 Posts
Im going to guess you have the brushed version with the twin 550 motors?
indeed.

a buddy had one and I played with it some. he found one on eBay a short time later and I bought it.

I ended up making a stainless steel roll cage for it. only a couple welds have broken on it.......

·
Super Moderator
27,333 Posts
I definitely enjoy mechanic type work- I'm a machinist so it's fun to be able to make whatever I need for little projects. I made some spacers for my wheels a little while ago but decided not to use them.
CNC or manual? lathe or mill?

I've made a few chips in my day, on all the above.

my first real job was running a CNC mill on Friday and Saturday night in HS. all I had to do was listen for it to crash and change the part every 2.5 hrs. the rest of my time was spent watching a 13" color tv, the old dial to change channel type.

I ended up working there for about 6 yrs.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
CNC or manual? lathe or mill?

I've made a few chips in my day, on all the above.

my first real job was running a CNC mill on Friday and Saturday night in HS. all I had to do was listen for it to crash and change the part every 2.5 hrs. the rest of my time was spent watching a 13" color tv, the old dial to change channel type.

I ended up working there for about 6 yrs.
I mostly run CNC machines, but I know my way around the manual machines. They just aren't viable for production purposes. Any R&D I do on the manual machines, though.

I'm the guy in charge of the lathes- we have a few Mazaks and an Okuma. We have 4 haas mills and a massive mori. I love Haas Machines. American made and the best machine for the money.

I never was much of an operator. Can't stand just pushing buttons. My goal was to always modify the programs to halve the run time where I used to work- but it was all plastic, so it was just a matter of running it just slow enough you didn't melt it.
I got moved up pretty quick and now I have a pretty good job making the world's best bullpup sniper rifles. I enjoy the work, so I can't complain. :)

·
Super Moderator
27,333 Posts
I worked a job shop, I was lead over 3 Mazak QT250's and a bigass Hwacheon(comparatively anyway, Mazaks had an 8" chuck this thing had a 12" and hi/lo gear)

I was setup/programmer and if all of them were running then I had to run parts. I would often check on the others and if they were running fine I'd make them faster. every once an a while I would hand grenade one. bump the speed/feed a bit too much and it would blow the insert shortly there after.

we did a lot of oil field and aviation work. oil field was more precise than aviation.

there was one company that sent us some work and provided the material. the print had their in-house designation for the material type. it looked like stainless so I programmed it like stainless. it smeared carbide before it even went a 1/4". I ended up running it about 80% slower than stainless.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts