Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Everything seems very quiet in here. Let's all try to spread the word that this site is here. There aren't many other G35 forums so I hope this one catches on.

[:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Since we just launched... no one really knows about us yet! We'll be advertising soon to bring in more users and also adding a lot of cool new features.[8D]

So, do you own a G? Have one on order? I do and the wait is killing me![^]

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have a G yet. I was at the dealership last Saturday and drove one. All I can say is...WOW. At this point, I am undecided on what to do. The decision I have to make is to either

a) Place my deposit and get the car the exact way I want it now or
b) Wait till the 04's come out and any 1st year bugs get worked out and the hype dies down.

So far, my dealer has been unwilling to negotiate for anything less than MSRP. I am no fool and will never pay MSRP for a car. I will be calling him tomorrow to see if he'll negotiate yet. If not, my brother works for a Nissan dealership and the owner of the dealership also owns an Infinity dealership so I may be able to get a good deal there.

If I do order one, it will be the Diamond Platinum with 18's and nav.

One thing is for sure, I am definately buying this car.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I would say wait. If you're looking for less then MSRP and maybe waiting until the bugs are worked out, then just wait until summer or the end of '03. It's going to be tough, though, when you see all those G's driving around[:D]

6-speed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's tough waiting now. I keep trying to justify it in my head. But I think I will be waiting until the hype dies down. Who knows though.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now to make the decision even harder, the dealer just called and said I could get the car I want at invoice (end of the month and they need deals). Damn, what to do, what to do.....

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
<font size="5"><font color="red">GET IT!</font id="red"></font id="size5"> [:D][:D][:D]

6-speed

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Guys,
I've been reading G forums for the past couple of months while awaiting the arrival of my own. In general, I tend to read alot more than write, but thought that I should start giving back a little. These forums are a great source of info, and being that this one is new and therefore somewhat small, I thought it would be a nice place to start interacting.
Concering my car, I'm flying to Omaha this weekend to pick up a CB G35C 6MT loaded except for the nav unit. Can't wait! I live in Pensacola, Fl, but got hooked up with a sweet deal in NE and therefore have to make the road trip.
I'm suspect that many more people will file into the site once they here about it.
Take care

Asa
2003 G35C
CB 6MT
2-1-03

·
Registered
295 Posts
Day'um ASA! That's pretty far to be picking up a car, you must have gotten a sweet deal, care to share your numbers [:D]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Happened by the local dealer and was informed there was a 120 day wait list [:(] While strolling through the lot I found the exact model, color, and optioned car I wanted sitting there [:)] He said it was taken, I said can we talk [:0] Well good thing I prodded him, as it turned out the financing dropped through on the person who ordered it and the dealer was awaiting a faxed deposit to come through from a second buyer [:p] Told him I had cash (well a check) and wanted to leave with the car! As the saying goes "money talks nobody walks". Two hours later I drove home in my new G35 Coupe! Talk about "right time / right place" [:D]

We needed something that could carry more than 2 people, wasn't a Van (have an '02 Chyr T&C), but yet had the performance and handling we love in our other cars ('02 Porsche Carrera Cab, '87 Ferrari 328 GTS, '00 Viper GTS Coupe). This car hits the mark on all points! What fun to drive! For all of those still waiting, it's worth every minute as you'll find out when you get it! Having driven some fine sports cars over the years, the G35 doesn't leave much to be desired. Can the Porsche out perform it, yes. Does the Ferrari make the adrenaline pump a bit more, yes. Is the Viper the ultimate horsepower trip, yes. Does the NSX more fully immerse the driver as part of itself, yes. But I can truely say the G35 Coupe gives enough of it all that one would not feel they were really missing anything and you can take your friends along and have money left in your bank account to boot !

Good luck to all those waiting and in search of thier G35 Coupe.

BTW, based on the traffic I saw through the showroom while I waited for the prep to be done on the car, I wouldn't predict much of anything off MSRP for at least 6-9 months.

'03 6MT (6-Speed Coupe)
Diamond Graphite/Willow

·
Registered
8 Posts
Numbers?
g35C 6MT Loaded except Nav
MSRP: 35,685
Price: 33,877
Did I mention I got a 10 yr loan at 4% with no money down and no payments for 9 months?
I was planning on waiting and getting one in a few years. However, given the above numbers and the fact that it was Motor Trend Car of the Year, I figured the base price would rise quickly in the next few years and I'd be an idiot not to go for it now.
BTW, this deal was through a friend. The dealership has told me that they don't sell them for less than MSRP normally. They also told me that MSRP has risen $80 and that their profit margin has decreased by $300-400. Finally, they said Infiniti plans on increasing MSRP by about $300 per 3 months given such huge demand.

Asa
2003 G35C
CB 6MT
2-1-03

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
WOW rj...thats a pretty impressive line-up of cars you own. I am VERY familiar with vipers as I have a good friend whos family practically collects them...they have 4 now, including a 2003. Glad to hear though the coupe is up there...very nice ride!

03' G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Now that's a great deal!

I know that Nissan (Infiniti)employees and those of some related suppliers qualify for some pretty amazing discounts. Guess your friend got you in under that. Actually followed a thread through some other web site that talked about the whole program Nissan runs. Although I can't remember the name of the program, I do know that it's described on Nissan's web site. Might be worth checking out if one thinks the company they work for supplies Nissan.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Asa

Numbers?
g35C 6MT Loaded except Nav
MSRP: 35,685
Price: 33,877
Did I mention I got a 10 yr loan at 4% with no money down and no payments for 9 months?
I was planning on waiting and getting one in a few years. However, given the above numbers and the fact that it was Motor Trend Car of the Year, I figured the base price would rise quickly in the next few years and I'd be an idiot not to go for it now.
BTW, this deal was through a friend. The dealership has told me that they don't sell them for less than MSRP normally. They also told me that MSRP has risen $80 and that their profit margin has decreased by $300-400. Finally, they said Infiniti plans on increasing MSRP by about $300 per 3 months given such huge demand.

Asa
2003 G35C
CB 6MT
2-1-03
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

'03 6MT (6-Speed Coupe)
Diamond Graphite/Willow

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't know what someone does with 4 Vipers, one is more than I can handle!

The car is an absolute brute, albeit a fast one. My wife won't even consider driving it and she loves to drive.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chaz

WOW rj...thats a pretty impressive line-up of cars you own. I am VERY familiar with vipers as I have a good friend whos family practically collects them...they have 4 now, including a 2003. Glad to hear though the coupe is up there...very nice ride!

03' G35 Sedan.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

'03 6MT (6-Speed Coupe)
Diamond Graphite/Willow

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Holy crap, 4 Vipers! What does your friend do for a living, whatever it is, is he hiring [:D]

6-speed

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Haha VQ my friends dad actually owns a small oil company here in Texas. Yes thats what I said rj...after one your officially collecting the damn things. hehe! Hey VQ did you start this site?

03' G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yeah, and emphasis on "start". I have a lot of pages that are partially complete that I just need to finish up. Stuff like, links, tech briefs, do it yourself, etc. Should be pretty cool once it's all together... I hope [:)] I'm hoping the free Pedal offer starting tonight will spur some more users to join and post.

6-speed

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Im sure it will lure some people in...although I hope not the wrong people who just want the pedals. Great site so far though...looking forward to all the add-ons.

03' G35 Sedan.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.