Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So primium package is just Sunroof, extra two speakers from bose...and 6 in dash with dual zone ac? You still get power seats with heater and everything else?

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Add auto dimming mirror and auto off headlights to that. Not sure what else.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm well i have no garage...is that it..i mean...you still get heated seat and snd stuff and power seats to your left....?

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't want NAVI, thats why i am debating about the premium..but the Sunroof is nice and 6 in dash is too...i just don't care for dual zone. What the heck is a Dual Zone AC unit doing in a Coupe of that size anyway?

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
550 Posts
Going back to this Dual Zone A/C thing...
Does anybody know how this really works? I was playing around with it yesterday, and my results from the raising and lowering of the temps on both sides were very astonishing.

I noticed if I:

1: lowered the driver's side temp to 72 leaving the passenger at 79 with an outside temp of 85, the A/C Flow would increase for both sides of the car.

2: lowered the passenger's side temp to 72, leaving the passenger at 79 with an outside temp of 85, nothing would change with the AC. I didn't feel cooler or the flow didn't increase on any side.

Could all the interested to know drivers do a little test of their own and let us know what happens in their case. Is my System possibly defective? What is really supposed to happen?
You would think with a Dual Zone system, if you raise or lower the temp, the temp and flow on both sides would be independent. This so far is not the case. Very weird.[dunno]

Lets get some testing done with this one.........

[cheers]

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Premium Package:
Leather
Power sliding tinted glass sunroof
Bose 225 watt 8 speaker with in dash single slot 6 disc CD Auto-changer; digital signal processing and radio data system.
Dual zone A/C control
Auto on/off headlights
Homelink transceiver / auto dimming electrochromic inside mirror

Premium is "just" for me. For the price and resale value I would buy all the toys my pocket book would allow. Most of these packages save you big bucks if these items were bought separately.

For example:
The electrochromic mirror purchased alone would be over $300. The tire and wheel package will cost you $900 from the dealer. Just the replacement of same new tires would cost you over $500 and the wheels would be over $800 a set. None of this pricing includes installation or extended warranty cost.
[rockon]

2004 G35 Coupe|5AT| Brilliant Silver|Graphite Leather|Premium|Perfomance|Aero|Pictures

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
As far as I know, the dual zone A/C only controls the temp, not the air flow.

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Pictures |

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
One more thing...Dual zone A/C is good when your driving with a lady in the passenger seat. You know how they can get cold easily.

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Pictures |

·
Registered
427 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by sav505
One more thing...Dual zone A/C is good when your driving with a lady in the passenger seat. You know how they can get cold easily.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Cheers, Couldn't have been said any better! [cheers]

2003 G35C / 6mt / DG & Willow Leather / Nav / Premium / Aero / ETA December

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just chiming in here to correct some things.

Leather is standard on anything but the base (5AT w/ leather and 6MT w/ leather). Heated seats is now standard on leather vehicles.

The premium package gives you:
Sunroof
Bose speakers - 8 of them - and an a more powerful amp with DSP.
6 disc changer is STANDARD with or without the bose or premium. The headunit does not change (just says bose on the cassette door)- the DSP is done by the amp.
Homelink and Autodim mirror (basically come together, and I have seen them on ebay for about $275 or less)
Dual Zone A/C - you only really gain temp control differences.
Auto headlights - you can get this as an aftermarket access. from companies like Audiovox, etc.

You can get the sunroof separate from the premium package, and the Tire and Wheel package can be had without premium (on auto).

My g35 is coming with no premium, no sunroof, just XM radio and wheel and tire package. Save $2250, then add the autoheadlight unit ($29) and the autodim/homelink mirror ($275) - then add my own Audio system (cause Bose sucks) which I would do anyway. So I net a savings of $1900 and still get the features I wanted...

The bose system sucks in my opinion which is why "I" believe the premium package is a waste of money - but I am doing my own audio. I guess if you don't do your own audio, then the bose is better than standard, but you DONT have to get the bose to get 6 disc.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I agree with most of what you said, misc, but I wouldn't say the bose system "sucks". I was expecting the worst (ie bose home audio), but I was pleasantly surprised--the bose system sounds pretty good, and in my opinion, isn't worth replacing. I was planning on getting a 3rd-party audio solution, but now I don't think I will. I'm no audiophile, but I do listen to lots of varied music, and I'm satisfied with the bose.

2003.5 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | 350Z intake | Pictures

·
Registered
550 Posts
How about the Dual Zone A/C issue? Has anybody gotten results from their findings?

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA |Photo
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Craig,

The airflow doesn't change as there is only one zone for that. It's the temperature of the air that is adjusted.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Oh...cool....I'll check to see if the air is cooler in one zone versus the other.
Thanks Semi
[cheers]

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA |Photo

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Did you know the Lotus s4s kills you faster than donpalombella?

2003.5 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | 350Z intake | Pictures

·
Registered
427 Posts
OMG [lol] Please dont start this in here, its bad enough that there is a 5 page discussion on this already. Im just joking its hilarious seeing that in the racing section. But please guys not in here!! [dunno]

2003 G35C / 6mt / DG & Willow Leather / Nav / Premium / Aero / ETA December

1 - 20 of 21 Posts