Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen, I have the pleasure of not only informing you of my car's loss of virginity (1328 miles), but also of it's first victory. I was coming home today at around 12:40 when I stopped at a light and noticed a 93' style Chevy Camaro IROC-Z series (the ones with a 350 V8 small block, the same engine found in the LT-1 Corvette. This Camaro is also known as the LS-1 camarao, and the fastest before the SS was introduced in 1997.) The guy had small but wide track wheels, and a fancy dual baby blue stripe down the middle of his black car, ending at the rear bumper, where there were dual ultraflow mufflers neatly nestled in between the arches.

He looked at me and I knew it was on. I imediately turned off the VDC and put the shift lever to manual shift mode. Once the cross lights turned yellow, (Indicating my light was going to turn green) I slowly let off the brake, until I had a full green and flew with full force towards the road in front of me. I made sure I anticipated the power peak points in RPM range (Thanks to Chaz and VQ for the suggestions) by shifting before these, and the VQ engine kept growling like the sexy beast that it is continuing to pull forward at all RPM ranges.

Meanwhile, I could hear the Camaro's big V8 engine roaring, but never close by. It ended up being that he never was even at rear bumpers with me. I hit 90mph by the time I realized that I should just let off and avoid a costly speeding ticket. Now I don't know if this guy's car had problems or what, but it seemed to be running in perfect condition. Whatever the case, I am one happy camper tonight, although I know that "you win some, you lose some."

Good night guys,

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
172 Posts
congrats! hope there are many more to follow [boink]

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yes Gardner the LT1 has something like 285hp BUT had a lot of WEIGHT! The vettes are extremely lighter than the camaro's and TA's. Nice Job X although I would expect that victory as that car is extremely heavy from what I have heard. Oh and I do not believe the LS-1 engine in camaro's and TA's were not inroduced till 98' and started with 305HP. The camaro's and TA's were never producing 345hp...only the vettes were. BUT they were extremely under-rating the horsepower on the LS-1 engines...I had a friend who had a 99' Camaro SS which from the factory was rated at 320HP. He dynoed it bone stock and got something like 310-315 to the wheels...not exactly your typical 12% or so drivetrain loss...[:D]

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
23 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chaz

Yes Gardner the LT1 has something like 285hp BUT had a lot of WEIGHT! The vettes are extremely lighter than the camaro's and TA's. Nice Job X although I would expect that victory as that car is extremely heavy from what I have heard. Oh and I do not believe the LS-1 engine in camaro's and TA's were not inroduced till 98' and started with 305HP. The camaro's and TA's were never producing 345hp...only the vettes were. BUT they were extremely under-rating the horsepower on the LS-1 engines...I had a friend who had a 99' Camaro SS which from the factory was rated at 320HP. He dynoed it bone stock and got something like 310-315 to the wheels...not exactly your typical 12% or so drivetrain loss...[:D]

'03 G35 Sedan.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yep most are dynoing at 300-320 at the wheels, that is even more than the 345BHP the other guy mentioned.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by DanO

Dont try racing an LS-1 camaro unless you want to get smoked or you have some serious mods

Uhhh YES we already established this in my earlier post pretty much stating this...[:D]

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
93 Iroc Z? Wow, what a rare find that was. If you raced an IROC, it was a pre 93 car, and they were slower than crap. In 93 the Z was probably making 265 HP, in 95 it was bumped up to 275 and then 285 in 97. In 98 the LS1 was put in the F-Bodies, and that was underated at 305, I dynoed at 290. The SS and WS6 in 02 were rated at 345. GM underated the LS1 for the F-Bodies as to not piss off the precious Vette owners.

1998 Trans Am Convertible
1 of 21 Red-Orange Metallic Verts
13.6 @ 103

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
I thought they underrated the Vette in 98, didn't it really make 450hp? But to not offend TA and Camaro owners they said it only made 345hp.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
5 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

I thought they underrated the Vette in 98, didn't it really make 450hp? But to not offend TA and Camaro owners they said it only made 345hp.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Seeing that you own a Corvette, I seriously hope this was a joke. If not, why didn't you by a 98 instead of an 03 Z06 if the 98 has 45 more HP than yours? :)

1998 Trans Am Convertible
1 of 21 Red-Orange Metallic Verts
13.6 @ 103

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
But of course it was a joke, I like to stretch the truth a little also. By the way, the 03 Z06 with the factory 6-71 blower makes 750 horsepower, they only built -342 of them.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I heard the '05 Z07 is going to pull a 3.9 0-60 with 1200 hp at the wheels and they're only making pi of them!

2003.5 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice | Pictures

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by struan87

I heard the '05 Z07 is going to pull a 3.9 0-60 with 1200 hp at the wheels and they're only making pi of them!

That would be some sweet pi, I would love to have a slice of it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts