Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all may know by know, I am planning on lowering my sedan at the end of this week. The only thing I'm facing as a problem now is labor costs. The dealer hasn't disclosed any warranty information regarding parts installed elsewhere, but they did tell me that any aftermarket parts that they sell and are installed in their service dept. are covered under warranty.

The dilemma: The dealer wants $55.00 a corner for the install (still a good deal, considering their usual hourly rate is $88.00/hour), but I can get them on with the store that sold me the wheels at $100.00 for all four. Do you guys think the dealer will give me a break with the warranty?

I'm afraid to ask, since they are so good with me and always pamper me with hookups and good service, not to mention, priority over other clients at times. I just don't want to seem abusive. Any thoughts?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I think the warranty is pretty important. Not that we expect anything to go wrong, but it's a good warranty. 5 years, 60k miles. Personally, I don't think it's a big deal to just ask your dealer. Just tell them you've been shopping around and were wondering how it affects the warranty if you have it done elsewhere. If you don't want to "damage" your relationship, why don't you just make an anonymous call to the service dept (or have someone call for you if they know your voice) and ask the same question.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I'm with you Ken. I'll pay the extra if it means it will be done right by someone who knows the car and it will be covered under warranty. As soon as you give them an excuse to back out of the warranty agreement, you're asking for trouble.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, it was a no brainer after all. I've decided to let the dealer do it. $220.00 for the job and 4-wheel alignment for an extra $59.00. I remember the old mindset: "You get what you pay for". Besides, an extra $120.00 is a small price to pay for the best quality a $40,000.00 car can get. My Pros & Cons list:

Installing at Performance Shop

Labor cost: $100.00
Quality of work: Fair/Good
Loaner: None
Alignment: None

Installing at Infiniti Dealership

Labor cost: $220.00
Quality of work: Excellent
Loaner: Provided
Alignment: $59.00

I also considered that I got my springs for $189.10, versus the dealer price of $329.99. So I guess the savings from that can compensate somewhat for the extra money using the dealer to install them. The final price for lowering my car using another provider for the springs: $468.00, vs.. $608.99. Not bad huh?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
not bad, XL.... not bad at all!

Good luck and I'm sure you'll post pics once it's done. (I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that you've got the most pics on this board.) [:D]

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts