Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I've been considering it, but I'm still leary of mods. The impulse is there, but I'm unsure whether or not it would be rewarding to me.

Plus, all my hoes are too expensive.

:p

·
Registered
39 Posts
mmmmmmmmm...expenssive hoes....mmmmmmm[boink]

Ernie

Red/Graphite 6MT G35 Coupe (on Order)

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by aesalazar

mmmmmmmmm...expenssive hoes....mmmmmmm[boink]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

damn, and all this time i thought that cheap hoes were the desirable ones [banghead]

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

"In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve -- it's what you take."

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rlipps

damn, and all this time i thought that cheap hoes were the desirable ones [banghead]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

tsk, tsk... will he ever learn? this guy here look familiar, rlipps? [pimp]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
427 Posts
No need to change the breaks if you've got the brembos. With out a doubt, they are the best and always the best. Can't tell from ur sig what car u have, but if you dont have the brembos, on ebay i saw someone selling Willwood brakes for our car, so you might want to look into that company.

P.S. They were selling them for a car with 17inch rims! So fitment wise you should have a problem.

2003 G35C / 6mt / DG & Willow Leather / Nav / Premium / Aero / ETA 5 Months

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Be very careful when dealing with cross drilled rotors. They do perform well, but cracking can and does occur with them. I think the safer bet is the slotted rotors, they still reduce heat, make for even breaking, and aren't susceptible to cracking.

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cross drilled cracking? Very doubtful, those are Stillen X-drilled on that link, if I remember correctly they are all Brembo blanks that Stillen uses. If you can find a Brembo rotor X drilled or not that is cracked you should buy a lottery ticket!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I swear that I read "Stillen crossed drilled rotors (non-Brembo)."

And yes, cross drilled rotors do crack. Go to an SCCA meet and ask around. I bet that most people with experience with them will guide you towards slotted. Although Brembo makes amazing breaks, I wouldn't be so quick to call anything impossible.

| 6MT Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | Navi | Alum. Peds | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Look, what do you know, a cracked Stillen rotor...

Truthfully, you should only worry about them cracking if you plan to track the car. But then again, if you aren't going to track the car then their really is no need for the cross drilled rotors other than cosmetics. Especially since I couldn't imagine any of you needing new rotors already.

| 6MT Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | Navi | Alum. Peds | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Rlipps is absolutely correct. Cross-drilling is definitely a cosmetic change only. There is a higher degree of certainty that cross-drilled rotors can crack at the higher temps associated with track driving. For track use, slotted rotors are recommended. Now while I admit I haven't seen the type of crack in the picture above, it still doesn't preclude the spider cracks on the face of the rotor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Crossed drilled will help keep the rotors form warping no matter what the driving conditions. I'm not sure how many Nissans all of you have owned but they do have a history of warping brake rotors, on pretty much all vehicles (the 1st generation Q45 is by far the worst). With the strong pinch if the G35 caliper, the high heat ratio (faster the stopping distance, higher the heat ration on the rotor), & soft pad these rotors are bound to warp by 65K (right after the warranty runs out!). I know quite a few 1st generation Q45 owners that have used these rotors and they have all told me how much more longevity and less turning they have had to do compaired to the factory rotor. Oh & by the way I'm not sure how many of you have had your pads burn out in 19K miles but their is a fix for that, & it's not factory... e-mail for any details: G35 Brake Pad Upgrade

1 - 13 of 13 Posts