Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran into this guy on the street today, and invited him to join our club which he more than eagerly agreed to. For those of you who have wanted to see a clean aero kit sedan lowered on 19" wheels, this one is a very nice example. I snapped these shots in front of the house where the guy pulled over. He has Eibach suspension as myself, with 19" Racing Hart C5000 shod with 235/35/19 tires. Very nice and clean Brilliant Silver/Willow sedan.

Lead_foot, now you can at least begin to get an idea what your ride will look like lowered, except for the bigger wheels/tires.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
sweet pics, XL. What a perfect weather day for photos! [thumbup]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

sweet pics, XL. What a perfect weather day for photos! [thumbup]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Better be for what it's worth. I can't just snap my fingers when I spontaneously pull people over and say "Let there be sun!".

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
328 Posts
great pics and ofcoure great car!...those 19s look reeeally nice but there is a little extra space in the front wheel well....hey lead_foot..i think your 20s are gonna look insanely great!

2003.5 6MT Sedan

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by hyetecklead_foot..i think your 20s are gonna look insanely great!

Lead is getting 20's[dunno]? Lead, I thought you just got wheels? [crazy]

XL

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by hyetecklead_foot..i think your 20s are gonna look insanely great!

Lead is getting 20's[dunno]? Lead, I thought you just got wheels? [crazy]
I did. hyeteck must be confusing me with someone else.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So lead, are we putting that baby down a bit or what? [;)]

XL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all. I have been reading the posts of ALL the topics on this board for 4 months now. I find the comments and discussions most enjoyable and informative. From what I gathered being a novice at after market stuff there are a number of things that will enhance the speed and performance of the G35 2003.5 that has aero and sport suspensions already. Here is what I think I`m getting

Lowering the car gives better handling
wider tires gives more traction
sports air filter and cool air intake gives it more horses
dual (single higher quality) gives more horses and cooler sound

If I wanted to Really do it right and not do things for purely cosmetic reasons these would be the major things.

Am I getting it right. Please help me understand the other major (without turbo etc) things that can be done.

After knowing the topics I can sift through the models, prices etc....

Thanks for all your input. Obviously want to learn and have some fun with my car.

G35 2003.5
Aero/sport/nav/xenon/
sunroof/leather/winter

Black / willow int

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Probably the best bang for real HP improvement now is a turbo or supercharger. The next improvment would be heads and cam change, I don't know much about what's available for the engine now. An exhaust will change the sound, won't give you much power. I think the biggest thing you can do is just keep it clean with the appearance mods and make it look nice.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan
2003 Z06 Corvette
2003 S10 Extended cab
1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gardiner, your suggestions best fit my master plan for the building of my car. I plan to keep the outside clean and classy, yet agressive. 275/30/20 rear tires and 245/35/20 front tires should keep the G on the ground, and the Eibach suspension should keep it nice and low, while handling great. Other than maybe an exhaust, that's all my car will ever see on the outside. I'm thinking about a K & N drop-in filter element. I hear it gives about 1-3 hp. Any input on this?

XL

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

So lead, are we putting that baby down a bit or what? [;)]
I'm thinking about it. [:D]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
123 Posts

how come in this pic his sideskirts are black..and in the pictures above it's the same color as the body?

the heck?[dunno]

|So. Cal|G35 Sedan|Premium|Aero|Black/Black|Still looking for good salesman/dealer|

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I've never seen the black side skirts on silver before. Must be a custom job, or black parts ordered instead of matching silver.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

I've never seen the black side skirts on silver before. Must be a custom job, or black parts ordered instead of matching silver.
The showroom sedan here in Austin had black side skirts on silver, so it must be factory.

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Interesting. I wonder if it's an idicator of one of the packages, like sport or premium? Or perhaps it was simply a dealer added option? My best guess would be the latter.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It looks horrible! I hope when I buy mine it won't have it.

Are 20"'s gonna rub?
or do they need "spacers"?
(I'm a technical dumbass)

But anyways that car looks great! [phatyo]

|So. Cal|G35 Sedan|Premium|Aero|Black/Black|Still looking for good salesman/dealer|

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Are you guys serious? Maybe you're just used to seeing my ride. [:D] All sedans have the black side skirts. That's the standard. The sport package adds the body kit which is the same color of the car.

Just look at the sedans in our gallery including Gardiner's ride:

http://www.6mt.net/images/gallery/gardiner01.jpg
http://www.6mt.net/images/gallery/kfreefall03.jpg
http://www.6mt.net/images/gallery/gyal8r07.jpg
http://www.6mt.net/images/gallery/easy2speed03.jpg

And here are a few straight from Infiniti's site:
http://www.infiniti.com/m/cma/i/veh/veh_gal_g35s_8_large.jpg
http://www.infiniti.com/m/cma/i/veh/veh_gal_g35s_2_large.jpg
http://www.infiniti.com/m/cma/i/veh/veh_gal_g35s_7_large.jpg

·
Registered
123 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Sport-tuned shock absorbers and springs
17-inch 5-spoke aluminum-alloy sport wheels
215/55R17 W-rated high-performance Michelin tires
Additional titanium-tinted interior trim detail
-Infiniti.com<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I feel like i'm missing something here...it's either that
or they just didn't put it clearly in the options section of the infiniti site.

or is it..

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Rear spoiler, <u>underbody aerodynamic side fairings</u>. Requires power sunroof. Sedan requires Sport Tuned Suspension Pkg. Coupe requires Performance Tire and Wheel Pkg.
-consumerguide.com<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

the "underbody aerodynamic side fairings" from the aero package what this is?

then again I noticed that the cars with spoilers didn't have those same colored sideskirts either...[banghead]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.