Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the side mirror on the G tilt down when the car is put in reverse? My CL has this feature and I love it.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
143 Posts
No it doesn't...that would be a cool feature though.

6-speed
Black Obsidian / Graphite

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Sadly, the car doesn't have memory seats. It doesn't even return to the original position if you flip the seat forward to allow passengers to enter.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you serious... that SUCKS [thmsdn]

6-speed

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
My sedan has memory seats. I have two buttons for two different settings it can adjust to my liking that I have saved...the coupes don't have this? This is memory seats right? [:D]

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Yep, that's memory seats alright and the coupe doesn't have it.

BMW goes one step further and encodes the info to the key. You and your wife (for example) each get a seperate key so when you use yours, the car reads the data from the key and adjusts. When your wife uses hers, it adjusts to her. I'm not sure if it does this upon pressing the unlock button or upon inserting the key into the ignition, though.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Ahh wow that is a nice feature! I could sure use that but I at least have the memory seats at the touch of a button once you enter...this is good enough for me! Sucks the coupes don't have it...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
If it only does it on inserting the key, I'm not sure it's all that helpful. A lot of households that share a car in this fashion have one driver significantly larger than the other (say a normal to tall sized husband a petite wife combination). It wouldn't be a big deal for the wife, but the husband would probably have trouble climbing into the car with the seat at his wife's position. Having a button on the door, where I assume the Sedan's button rests, removes this problem.

It it goes by the button press on the FOB, then that WOULD be ideal.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My CL does this as well. I have 2 key fobs, and each is linked to 2 memory settings. My fiance has one, when she unlocks the car with the remote, the 8-way seat and side mirrors adjust to her preference. And the same when I use my remote. VERY useful feature.

6-speed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts