Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car has worse brake dust than the BMW I just sold. But that car did teach me it's NOT something you have to live with.

The right pads make all the difference in the world. Has anybody changed pads yet ? I will buy the first set I can find that fits and claims to reduce dust. This is ridiculous.

-- Brent
Black 6MT Sedan
Austin, TX

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
High performance brakes shed dust like mad. It's the natural result of the physics involved. You just have to decide which is more important to you. Personally, I'm already washing the car each week so wiping down the wheels isn't a big deal.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I agree............I hate these brake pads, its not even a day later after i was my car and the rims are looking dirty again! I'm going to deal with it until its time for some new pads.

G-Class
G35s Black/Black
Prim/Sport

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I usually carry a shop rag in my trunk, and wipe my wheels down about once a day or so. Usually 2 wipe sessions a day and they always look clean. Might sound like a little 5 minute sacrifice, but it's worth it and keeps the wheels dust free [:)].

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
96 Posts
Daily wheel wipes, X? You are the man! [pimp] I'm far too lazy for that, especially with all of this rain we've been getting.[smoking]

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite
Premium and Aero Packages

·
Registered
31 Posts
New to this forum, had my G since Christmas. Got tired of all that brake dust so I ordered a set of Kleen-Wheels. Been a month since I put them on.........No brakedust and no overheating. Work great!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by mstil35

New to this forum, had my G since Christmas. Got tired of all that brake dust so I ordered a set of Kleen-Wheels. Been a month since I put them on.........No brakedust and no overheating. Work great!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

where can i get a pair? Around how much did the whole thing cost?

G-Class
G35s Black/Black
Prim/Sport

·
Registered
31 Posts
www.autopartsperformance.com
They were $33.22 a set so you need 2 sets, 1 front and 1 rear

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G-Class

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by mstil35

G-Class
G35s Black/Black
Prim/Sport

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
That's a cool product, but I really like being able to see the brake assembly instead of a black piece of plastic. Yes, the brake dust sucks, but like XZ, a little cleaning here and there and they're good as new.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
97 Posts

www.autopartsperformance.com
They were $33.22 a set so you need 2 sets, 1 front and 1 rear

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G-Class

do you have any pictures of how the covers look with the wheels?

G-Class
G35s Black/Black
Prim/Sport

G-Class
2003.5 G35s Black/Black
Prim/Sport

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Hey G,

What's up with that reply? You didn't write anything? Do you know you can edit or delete your posts?

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Oh and a good tip...

You guys know how the brake calipers tend to develop a hardened sheet of brake dust becoming black over time? Take care of this problem while the car is still brand new! When I wash my car, I use two separate sponges; 1.) For the car 2.) For the wheels. Use the wheel sponge to wipe down on the calipers and this will prevent the dust buildup. This tip is specially useful for all you Coupe 6MT owners too, as the brakes on these cars are also a cosmetic feature as well as performance.

Peace!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

1 - 12 of 12 Posts