Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Among the few minor dissappointments was the titanium plastic shift knob. I ordered the wood inset replacement. Does anyone know how to remove the old one?
Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
aliveatfive

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Alive... usually they just unscrew. Just turn the shift knob counter clockwise. I know on most, they use a "locking" solution on the threads, so it takes alot of force to get it moving.

I might be wrong though. Has anyone removed the G's shift knob? I assume we're talking about the 6MT here.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I think hes talking about the AT on the sedan V...in that case I don't know how it removes...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chaz, you are correct. The car's an AT. Since no one seems to know about it's removal, anyone have any suggestions about to whom to take it?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The dealer would have to know. Take to the service area and 'challenge' on of the techs to solve your mystery. They love stuff like that and you won't have to pay them anything!!!

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK - here's the scoop. The retaining ring at the bottom of the shift knob has to be removed and the retaining clip has to be removed for the shift knob to be separated from the shaft. Then the new knob can be installed.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Hey Alive post some pics when you get the new one installed...would be interested in seeing some different knobs on there...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Alive,

My G35 came with the factory wood package. I preferred the appearance without the wood. They brought out a small tool they used to just stick under the wood trim and popped off all the pieces and replaced them within about 10 minutes. I would definitly have the dealer do this.
Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts