Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many of you sedan owners considered an M45 before you got your G? I, for one, LOVE the M, with it's 340 horses and "slight" muscle car styling while still maintaining a VERY luxurious look. I rarely see any of them on the road.

If I had been in the market for a sedan, I would have DEFINITELY looked into it -- although I probably wouldn't have been able to afford it [:(]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I actually did. I test drove it 3 times before I even thought about the G. Hadn't paid much attention to the G at all up until I took a closer look. The whole luxury muscle car campaign had grabbed me. Being a gadget guy, I really wanted the voice control and laser guided cruise control.

When it came down to it, after I had the pleasure of driving the G, it was a no brainer. The handling was so much better and it didn't have that Dad's car feeling.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I was actually looking into the Q before even looking at the G. test drove it a couple times, chose a color and trim, and placed a down payment. Unfortunately, when I sat down to work the numbers with the salesman, I realized my budget was 3 luxury levels under the Q. [censored]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would not have thought of the M as "dad's" car, but I probably would have thought about the Q that way. I didn't test drive either of them (didn't want to tempt myself) so I have no real comparisons to make. Just curious about whether you guys considered the other models before settling on the G and why? I think the main thing that would sway me from the M to the G would probably be handling and price. Other than that, I think I'd probably go with the M.

Don't get me wrong though... the G sedan is an awesome car!

-Ken

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

I would not have thought of the M as "dad's" car, but I probably would have thought about the Q that way. I didn't test drive either of them (didn't want to tempt myself) so I have no real comparisons to make. Just curious about whether you guys considered the other models before settling on the G and why? I think the main thing that would sway me from the M to the G would probably be handling and price. Other than that, I think I'd probably go with the M.

Don't get me wrong though... the G sedan is an awesome car!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I knew I'd be getting an Infiniti (I'm a loyalist: Traded in Pathfinder, wife drives a Maxima, my mom a Sentra, my dad a Quest, and my mother-in-law got a Sentra on my recommendation.) so I did look around the dealership. I was tired of the SUV scene and wanted something sportier. For kicks I went and drove a few Luxus models (Both GS and the IS) but in the end, I liked the G the best.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
72 Posts
M-O-N-E-Y

Too rich for my thin blood...

Darin
-----
6MT Sedan-Brilliant Silver-Premium-Aero-Winter

·
Registered
119 Posts
Reasons not to buy an M: How about the M45 is Butt Ugly? It looks like leftovers until our new friends at Renault allocate enough R + D money to make a Lexus LS Killer. I figure I am ready for that car in about 6 years when my G35 has 200,000 miles on it. Until then the G will be just fine....

G35/S/6MT DP over Graphite, Premium.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Butt Ugly?!?!

I beg to differ, my friend... It's one of the classiest looking sedans on the market today. In a class where so many just look like different versions of each other, it's nice to have one as distict as the M45 IMHO.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I'm kind of in the middle on looks. That's another thing that swayed me in the direction of the G. I think the M45 is nice, but kind of plain. Nothing stands out like with the rest of the Infinity line up.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do think Infiniti's lineup this year is one of the best. Obviously, the G... but the M and FX are two great additions. The Q and I are well, the Q and I -- not bad looking, but they've done a nice job of keeping them current. The only one they really need to work on is the QX4. They've done such a great job of making the Infiniti line distinct from the Nissan line, but the QX4 is pratically identical to the Pathfinder.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Not sure if you knew this or not, but they're not making the I anymore. The dealer told me they're not selling very well anymore.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Lead, you are correct, the G replaced the I for all intensive purposes. It is not quite the same size, but the I was built on a 4 year old maxima base, and the G is obviously that replacement.

AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]

2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's not surprising. It's still a nice car... today... but it doesn't have much of a future with the G around. I wonder if they're going to keep the QX4 around as well?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

That's not surprising. It's still a nice car... today... but it doesn't have much of a future with the G around. I wonder if they're going to keep the QX4 around as well?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
They're coming out with a new Pathfinder so I'm sure the QX will either be updated or replaced altogether.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was in Japan this past summer. There are many Japanese vehicles that never make it to our shores. The M, if I'm not mistaken, is called the Cedric in its home country. It is the primary taxicab in Tokyo. When I got back to the US in late August the M was not available here. When I decided to buy the G last January, I looked at the M at my dealer. It reminded me too much of a cab. Fast though!

·
Registered
869 Posts
The M45 is a Gloria in Japan... The Cedric is similar, but not exact, I believe the Gloria is the sportier of the two: pics below

M45: Gloria

Cedric

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I believe that although the M45 is a V8, the Gs quarters are better.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
869 Posts
When I look at the G it's Dimes look to be somewhat lackluster compared to the M45's, but I do agree, the quarters is where its at!!![:D]

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I don't know Milt. I mean, the dimes are OK, but I personally think the Nickels on the M are where it's at!

Maybe we can just agree to disagree on this one. [boxing]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts