Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked under my car the other day and saw something interesting. When the two pipes come otu of the engine they connect to this huge has Catalytic converter i think it is...an dits shaped like a triangle where the wider part of the triangle is towards the outlet and there is a hole on the bottom left of the triangle where the pipe goes to the muffler and on the right..there is an outlining for a second pipe that could be added. Also, there is an extra space for a second muffler to be added on the right side, it is just covered with a piece of plastic (its empty under the plastic). The place for the exhaust piping is also there. Do you think that adding a Second pipe and muffler to this car will make the horsepower difference from teh coupe and sedan or if not, any horsepower diff at all? Will it make a difference on the sound?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Would guess that its the same central muffler used on the coupe with has duals from the central muffler back. Perhapes its an interchangable part used on both cars to save money [dunno] Just my guess

Joe
G35 6MT Black/Graphite
GS 455 4 Speed
GN SFI Turbo

·
Registered
96 Posts
I seem to recall someone posting that the additional muffler/outlet on the coupe will not work on the sedan because of the spare tire carrier. Evidently, the floor of the sedan's trunk is too low to allow fitment of the additional hardware.

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite
Premium and Aero Packages

1 - 4 of 4 Posts