Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shall be sea foaming my coupe today any pointers???

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Thats cool I just dropped a can in my tank last week. Where did you plan on using it (in the gas tank, crank case or a vacuum tube)?

There are some threads on here that instruct you on how to properly use sea foam through the brake booster vacuum hose. I am doing that next.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Just follow instructions. Your cel will come on if you use it through vacuum. It will turn off though.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
And Ninja was the one who told me how to use sea foam through the vacuum hose!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
True dat...................

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did it thru the vacuum hose and in the gas tank. It's was fun to do got rid of the Mosquitos for a while lol. But being that I had recently cleaned my throttle body and changed the plugs I didn't notice much difference just did it as maintenance since I was changing my oil today.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I did it thru the vacuum hose and in the gas tank. It's was fun to do got rid of the Mosquitos for a while lol. But being that I had recently cleaned my throttle body and changed the plugs I didn't notice much difference just did it as maintenance since I was changing my oil today.

Damn, that sucks, you want to change the plug after.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I'm drinking this stuff in the morning to clean out my intestines.
you need help buddy.

. I did it just through the tank and I noticed a nice difference. I guess my injectors were dirty. Sorry you didn't get better results.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Not much diff may mean everything is whistle clean and nothing to correct. Many use SF as prev maint type thing.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Not much diff may mean everything is whistle clean and nothing to correct. Many use SF as prev maint type thing.
Yes...also if you run an aftermarket filter, or even not, consider MAF cleaner. Throttle body cleaner works well too. All are very cheap.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I recently changed the plugs and added the plenum spacer and since I had all that taken apart I went ahead and. CHanged the valve cover gaskets and took a look at the heads and they were clean as heck. But I still think it wouldn't hurt to run some sea foam thru it every now and then. I am happy she is running excellent now all I want is a jwt clutch and I'll be perfect. ( and maybe a stillen super charger lol )

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah I recently changed the plugs and added the plenum spacer and since I had all that taken apart I went ahead and. CHanged the valve cover gaskets and took a look at the heads and they were clean as heck. But I still think it wouldn't hurt to run some sea foam thru it every now and then. I am happy she is running excellent now all I want is a jwt clutch and I'll be perfect. ( and maybe a stillen super charger lol )
I hate the 1st gen G clutches. It's the only piece of crap in an otherwise wonderful powertrain. I often wish mine would go out so I could justify the upgrade. Some bash the shifter. I think it's perfect. I like it better than many much more expensive cars I've driven which tend to get rave shifter reviews (GT3, GT500, Camaro SS, to name a few).

·
Registered
2,999 Posts

Stillen SCs are Actually an inferior performance product. Very little gains, especially for the money.

·
Premium Member
53,488 Posts
And you have to change or modify the OEM hood to fit the Stillen SC

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Yes. I think the Stillen SC is a fail overall.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Vortech>stillen..... More hp, stock hood, more reliable (years in the game)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Stillen SCs are Actually an inferior performance product. Very little gains, especially for the money.
Stillen anything is overpriced. I refuse to buy their products. It's not that they're bad, but pricing is so much higher than other companies which have equivalent performance.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
^^ True of many things in all product categories. Many ride on their shirt tails of brand name and reputation but others come along and create a market by offering better value, if not improved performance etc...

One of things that p*sses away my time is shopping around for stuff to save $$ and I often read a lot of reviews and research the hell out of anything I buy.

My youngest son showed me up one day after I'd purchased a coat. I'd seen a really sporty looking jacket in and outdoor mag so I bought one. I was on the fence for a bit b/c I never spend any real $$ on clothes , I'm more Levi's or shorts and-tee shirt. Anyways, I spend $150 on this thing from LLBean and I like everything about it but the kid comes home a few weeks later (undoubtedly having seen and liked my jacket) and he has a very similar one from Old Navy that cost him $50. I do like mine better as it's lighter weight - less bulky and is a few shades lighter (sage -think light army green) so I'm still very satisfied. More recently, he liked my watch I have so he went to amazon and got one just like it a few weeks later.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts