Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought about getting this done to my 3000GT when I still had it. I wonder how it would look on our car.

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
13 Posts
That is a 350Z! Look at the rear Lights!

Okay Make my own damn mind up for me!

/Neptune

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it is a 350Z. What is your point? I was saying that I wonder how it would look on out car.

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
looks cool, but I wonder why he dosent have any door pannels on the inside. I think I've decided that I'm gonna leave my car alone(no aftermarket)...Ok maybe just a K&N.

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Tomorrow!

·
Registered
237 Posts
The Z looks nice like that but I don't think the G would. The doors are not made for a daily driven car. The doors seem a little heavy and the whole window moving when you open the door would be my concern. It looks great on a show car.
Do the door move more out of the way? Looks like youe head might not clear the doors.

G35 Coupe
6MT DG/W prem, aero, navless

·
Registered
237 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jtb

I think it would look sweet.

Black 2003 G35C - 6MT - Willow Leather - Nav - Premium - Performance
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
"look" yes but would it work good.

G35 Coupe

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
yeah [censored] that [censored]

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those are the only pics I could find. The person who posted the pics didn't seem to know much about it. I know for a fact that the design used on the 3000GTs has the door open out a little bit then almost completely vertical. So that would eliminate the problem of the window seal etc. I just thought it was interesting and would let you guys take a look at it.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
It's bad ass to look at...Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
definitally looks cool, but based on the weight of the door, it probably is impractical for a daily driver. If you do it and it works out, it's certainly be something I'd consider doing.

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Anyone know how much this sort of conversion usually costs?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It would have cost $1900 for my 3000GT to have scissor doors installed with hydraulic assist. The hydraulic thing is similar to that used to hold up our trunk, and was there for safety more than anything. 3000GTs have very heavy doors, and nobody complained about the door being too heavy to lift. I am pretty sure that kits like this typically cost 2000-2800. The guy who designed the one for the 3000GT was just running a group buy for members of the forum.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It shocked me to learn that too. But after having heard from multiple members of that board that they didn't find it to be a laborous task and seeing a video of somebody opening it with ease, I was a believer.

·
Registered
237 Posts
speaking of "hydraulic" assist on the truck. Why in the hell didn't they do that to the hood. I hate the pole crap [dunno]

G35 Coupe

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
People who had to replace the hydraulics for the hoods on 3000GTs only had to pay about $110 for replacement parts. I think that it would be a pretty cool mod to have.

·
Registered
197 Posts
WOW! ilove that picture, i want one!!!!

thanxs alot guys, any comments or help is greatly appreciated

1 - 20 of 33 Posts