Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have anymore info on when the sat radio is going to be included in the G? Also, will it be Sirius or XM?

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
15 Posts
VQ,
Here is the answer I received from Bose:

Hello Bob,

I have contacted our marketing department and I believe the SAT button on the radio is for XM satellite however I cannot confirm the timeframe of when the service will be available.

My best suggestion is to keep in touch with the Infiniti dealer and Infiniti Customer Assistance for the latest available information.

Please let me know if Infiniti is unable to assist you with this information.

Thank you for choosing Bose Corporation.

Patty Bolack
Consumer Relations Division

Bob

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Last I heard from the dealer, they were expecting it imminently. Call up your sales guys and ask him to phone you when they get it in.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Thank you for choosing Bose Corporation.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I would never do such a thing.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, this would contradict "Philthy" from another board (and a member here to, but he hasn't logged on in a while) who swore it was Sirius? Actually, he said one reason for the hold up was a contract issue between the two, like they hadn't picked a provider yet. So maybe it would be XM.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed

·
Registered
74 Posts
Before buying my G, my dealer had brought in a demo to be "looked at". On the windshield was a sticker showing options, etc. BOTH XM and Sirius were shown on the sticker at $400.

I will note that both satellite providers advertise as having partnerships with Infiniti:
http://www.xmradio.com/cars/infiniti.html
http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=Page&cid=1019257316845

And finally, a link to an article from last year mention both being options:
http://www.audiorevolution.com/news/0402/03.nissan.shtml

peace

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I'd like to add that when I bought my car last week they were already offering satellite radio to be included in my monthly payments, meaning the service was already available... As for the type of service, I'm not sure, but I think it's XM.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
15 Posts
I already posted the response I received from Bose. here is the response from Infiniti to my question about Sat. radio:
Dear Mr. Carey,

Thank you for contacting Infiniti North America, Inc. and allowing us the opportunity to be of assistance.

We appreciate your time and concern in contacting us. However, the option for the Satellite radio is expected to be available at dealerships in May or June of 2003. The option will be a dealer installed accessory, therefore the installation can be done at the dealership.

If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to e-mail us.

Sincerely,

Latrice
National Consumer Affairs

Bob
2003 G35SC 6MT
Laser Red

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Familiar with satellite television?

Similar thing for cars. For a monthly fee you get a bunch of channels dedicated to different forms of music, news, comedy, etc some of which are commercial free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ordered my 6MT coupe loaded (Black/Willow) last Saturday including the XM option ($400), the dealer told me it is now installed at the factory.

I was hoping it would still be a dealer installed option so I could get the antenna mounted on the trunk instead of the roof but I guess a factory install would be better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Word from my Infiniti dealer is that you have the choice of XM or Cirrus. That makes sense in that both advertise having partnerships with Infiniti. Because this industry is still in its infantcy, I doubt they are trying to get exclusive contracts nailed down.

'03 G35 Coupe 6MT

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey everyone! I just placed my order yesterday for a blk/blk 6MT with Navi and the salesperson told me that Nissan is still working out the contract aggreement between sirius and XM. However both should eventually be available sometime this year. Be advised one of these two SAT providers is cheaper, but I believe they have some stations with commercials. [irk]
-Jedi

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ordered my car today and they said it was still not an option from the factory, nor could they tell me when it would, if at all, be available. [:(!]

"Use the Forced Air Induction Luke"
-Jedi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, New to the forum. Damn glad to be here.I picked my Silver on Black MT6 up yesterday. Having windows tinted today. I was told that the Sat indeed was going to be a DIO and should be here anytime. Also was told that it will most likely be XM as Sirius is having some money problems. (don't really know)Can't wait till its out. Will post picture soon

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just picked up my Silver 6MT tonight. The guy showing me the car said the XM option on the Bose stereo is as good as dead and he didn't expect it to ever work. Sounded like the deal Infinit was making with the XM people didn't pan out. He did say they were working on getting XM in the future, but it'd probably be incompatible with my Bose stereo.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Any current news on the availabillity of XM guys? I call my dealer periodically and they keep telling me soon but no exact date...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
45 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by daring

I just picked up my Silver 6MT tonight. The guy showing me the car said the XM option on the Bose stereo is as good as dead and he didn't expect it to ever work. Sounded like the deal Infinit was making with the XM people didn't pan out. He did say they were working on getting XM in the future, but it'd probably be incompatible with my Bose stereo.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
It all boils down to one thing people.....Greed!!! XM/Sirius can't agree upon the royalties..........sad...seems, as though Infiniti jumped the gun on promoting this one as did XM! [:(!]

"Use the Forced Air Induction Luke"
-Jedi

·
Registered
37 Posts
VQ,

I couldn't wait for Infiniti anymore.
They said it would be avaialble in April '03 but now it is not the case. They said at corporate that pre Jan '03 production cars, they couldn't install the hardware into the car which is bullshit!
So I went and got myself a "DELPHI" XM! Got 200+ Ch's and I only pay $15.00 per month...I love it! It's funny people pull up next to me and stare at the NAV and SAT radio it's trippy. I'll include pix for you when I can figure out how to upload them. Good luck [cheers]

'03 D.Platinum/Nav/Delphi Unit(sat radio)/35% tint/mudflaps - GO GIANTS!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
GYA L8R,

You need your pictures to already be online and you can then link them here with [ IMG ] picture address [ /IMG ] tags, without the spaces. Email them to VQ and he'll put them in the image archive which you should then be able to link to. If he can't help you, I probably can.

Regards,
Semi

1 - 20 of 40 Posts