Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke to the service manager at Infiniti of Charlotte... he told me that Satelite radio for the G35 was not yet ready. He expects the hardware soon, but it isn't in yet. [:(]

Anybody get it installed at their dealership yet?

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite
Premium and Aero Packages

·
Registered
254 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G-Man

Spoke to the service manager at Infiniti of Charlotte... he told me that Satelite radio for the G35 was not yet ready. He expects the hardware soon, but it isn't in yet. [:(]

Anybody get it installed at their dealership yet?

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
hey who did u talk to up there? I am in charlotte as well-- I usually let todd or mark handle things for me--i find them to be straight forward and honest[:D]

CMEGOBYU
03.5 G35s Pearl,Sprt,Aero

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Sat radio's are available. I've got a Sirius unit in hand. I'm working with a couple dealers right now to see if I can offer 6MT members discounted Sat kits.... I'll keep y'all posted!

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't remember the service guys name. But he said he was certain.

Hey VQ, any luck in your findings?

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite

·
Registered
28 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

Sat radio's are available. I've got a Sirius unit in hand. I'm working with a couple dealers right now to see if I can offer 6MT members discounted Sat kits.... I'll keep y'all posted!

6-speed

But do you have the "hardware" to get digital signal to your speakers?.........forget using the cass tape as you will only get FM signals to your speakers. yes you can buy Sat Radio but Infinity does not yet have the module for the G35 Sedan to get the DIGITAL signal. call your parts guy and sales people ASAP and get them on it. I am tired of waiting.........Hodaddy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in Northern New Jersey. My Infiniti dealer told me yesterday that the SAT Radio (any brand the dealer carries) is only being installed in the FX and the Sedans model will be available AFTER the summer. Bummer[:(!]

G35 2003.5
Aero/sport/nav/xenon/
sunroof/leather/winter

Black / willow int

·
Registered
49 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LovinmyG35

I live in Northern New Jersey. My Infiniti dealer told me yesterday that the SAT Radio (any brand the dealer carries) is only being installed in the FX and the Sedans model will be available AFTER the summer. Bummer[:(!]

G35 2003.5
Aero/sport/nav/xenon/
sunroof/leather/winter

Black / willow int

FYI, the FX satellite kit works just fine on the G35. It is the exact same kit with the exception of the sub harness which you don't need. We have been installing stellite radios in G35's for over a month. All they have to do is plug the satellite directly into the wiring harness located on the left side of the trunk in a coupe and the prewire harness on the sedan is coiled up behind the seat back on the right side. If your car is not prewired we have the necessary harness for that as well. All you need is the SAT button on the radio!

Located 3 Miles West of DFW Airport on Airport Freeway. Tollfree 888-4GRUBBS ext 4050

·
Registered
28 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

6-speed
You are getting FM sound not DIGITAL if I am correct, read my post.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Hodaddy, the G's headunit is sat. ready. All you need is the receiver unit, and a way to plug it into the head unit's port.

What's you VIN number? We can see if your car is pre-wired for it. This makes installation easier. And in both cases, the signal is digital, and goes into the head unit this way as well.

You can purchase either XM of Sirius units here:

Grubbs Infiniti Wholesale Parts

2003 G35 Coupe | 6-speed | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Sirius

·
Registered
69 Posts
Would a new 04 G35 with factory installed Sat radio have any of these problems, or is this only for cars that did not come with the wiring for the sat?

Also, would you guys recommend getting the XM or Sirius radio, and please tell me why?

Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by mrman_3k

Would a new 04 G35 with factory installed Sat radio have any of these problems, or is this only for cars that did not come with the wiring for the sat?

Also, would you guys recommend getting the XM or Sirius radio, and please tell me why?

Thanks!

There are no "factory installed" satellite radios. They are port installed using the exact same kit that you can buy today from the dealer's parts department or of course www.infinitiwholealeparts.com. [phones]

Located 3 Miles West of DFW Airport on Airport Freeway. Tollfree 888-4GRUBBS ext 4050

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I prefer Sirius, but I'm biased because I've only had limited experience with XM. XM has commercials, although limited and if I'm paying for it, I don't want commercials! I also like the content of Sirius better. Their channels aren't branded like XM's (MTV, etc.). XM is $9.99/mo. and Sirius is $12.95/mo.

I've also heard that some of the G's XM receivers are locking up. DFW might have some more info on this.

They're both great alternatives to regular radio. I never listen to FM anymore! [thmsup]

·
Registered
69 Posts
DFW & VQ, what is that option they have on Infiniti.com for building the G35, it costs $400 for the XM or Sirius radio?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You're probably better off ordering the car without it and putting it in yourself. It takes 30 minutes tops, plus you can control the mounting location. If you order your car with Sat, they will mount the antenna to the roof! I have mine mounted on the rear parcel shelf (by the 3rd brake light) and it works great.

·
Registered
49 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by mrman_3k

DFW & VQ, what is that option they have on Infiniti.com for building the G35, it costs $400 for the XM or Sirius radio?

I totally agree with VQ. They mount the antenna on top of the car which looks really bad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts