Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
It was an idiotic comparison by C&D.

1) This was a sports car comparison focused on performance. The G is not a pure sports car but an entry level luxury sports coupe. Comparing it with those two cars makes no sense. The Z was the correct choice and would have made up for the couple of places where they think the RX is better.

2) They're performance specs for the RX are not what a normal person would realize. They drop it from 8k rpm for crying out lowd. Few drivers will take that car below 6.5s.

Though they just did another test of a broken in G and got 5.5s to 60 and 14.2s for the quarter mile...

Regards,
Semi

·
Registered
153 Posts
Add me to the agree list there guys. I honestly think tho that the G rocks in overall score. But then again no point in comparing...

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
550 Posts
This must be total Bull S^&%..
An RX-8 Beat a G35 Coupe. They must have been Racing in reverse

Finally !! | 2003 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
6 Posts
RX-8 is a great car. It is a very solid put together car. I'm glad they gave Mazda some credit. The 350Z would have been more appropriate to compare against though. They seemed hell-bent on the fact that you can have 4 people in the car. WHAT GIVES? It's a [email protected]#$ sports car!

Lets be honest. In the style/image department, who wouldn't rather roll in a G35 Coupe than a RX-8? The styling of this new coupe is simply gorgeous. 350Z is also better looking than the RX-8 and that SVT Mustang. $34K for a Mustang?!?!?!

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT * Onyx/Graphite * Sunroof * XM Satellite radio

·
Registered
25 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Spinecrakr

RX-8 is a great car. It is a very solid put together car. I'm glad they gave Mazda some credit. The 350Z would have been more appropriate to compare against though. They seemed hell-bent on the fact that you can have 4 people in the car. WHAT GIVES? It's a [email protected]#$ sports car!

Lets be honest. In the style/image department, who wouldn't rather roll in a G35 Coupe than a RX-8? The styling of this new coupe is simply gorgeous. 350Z is also better looking than the RX-8 and that SVT Mustang. $34K for a Mustang?!?!?!

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT * Onyx/Graphite * Sunroof * XM Satellite radio
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Couldn't have said it better !!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
motor trend gives g35 car of the year - thats all you need to know

G35 6mt
blue/graphite
everything but nav. - cause men don't need directions from anything

·
Registered
550 Posts
100% Correct Folks....[cheers]

Finally !! | 2003 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
550 Posts
[lol] [lol]HAAA HEE HEE HAAA HAAA

Sucks to own an RX-8 !!!! This is what Mazda gave their drivers ---->[boink]

The RX-8 doesnt have 247HP as the bragged about.[thmsdn] Post EPA Testing have proved that the RX-8's Renesis engine only pumps out 238HP instead.

Because of these LIES......they are offering a $500.00 debit card and free scheduled maintenace. Mazda also goes on to say if you really dont want the car, they will take it back....Hmmmmmm

Now the question is:
Would you be pissed or content with the payoff of $500 + Oil Changes...?

Page 28 of Motor Trend's December issue has the article..Check it out..... [cheers]

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA |Photo

·
Registered
159 Posts
It seems that most of you have not actually read the article.

The RX-8 came in 1st place overall over the G35coupe and Mustang Cobra. This was obviously based upon much more than speed. The G35coupe beat the RX-8 in all acceleration testing, including 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. But Car and Driver felt that the Mazda was better overall, despite being the slowest car of the group.

·
Registered
159 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

It was an idiotic comparison by C&D.

1) This was a sports car comparison focused on performance. The G is not a pure sports car but an entry level luxury sports coupe. Comparing it with those two cars makes no sense. The Z was the correct choice and would have made up for the couple of places where they think the RX is better.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">[/br]

The 350Z is a two seater. The RX-8 and the Mustang Cobra are 4 seaters. So the G35 coupe was the correct choice here.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

2) They're performance specs for the RX are not what a normal person would realize. They drop it from 8k rpm for crying out lowd. Few drivers will take that car below 6.5s.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">[/br]

Same could be said about other cars, such as the S2000. You really have to abuse it to get good numbers. But so what? Instrumented testing gives you an idea of what the car is capable of running, even if most owners wouldn't drive it that way.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

Though they just did another test of a broken in G and got 5.5s to 60 and 14.2s for the quarter mile...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">[/br]

Actually, those are the same exact numbers that they got for the G35 coupe in the comparison test we are all discussing.

Regards,
Semi
[/quote]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Agree with all and a couple of other things:

Braking in the G took only 3 feet more than the RX8 in their test, yet the G weighs 560 pounds more (in part due to engine size and better quality of the interior luxury appointments, which are main reasons we love this car). Our brakes are awesome for a car weighing 3500 pounds. Also, they gave the cornering nod to the Mazda, as their tests only resulted in about 86g's for our car vs. 91g's for the Mazda. If memory serves, I think Road & Track tested us at around 90g's so I'm sure we're very close- either way given the weight differential a little gap is to be expected. Other than those 2 explainable areas (and price, of course), we beat the daylights out of the Mazda. Case Closed.

Skip Barber Graduate

·
Registered
550 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Tom2

The RX-8 came in 1st place overall over the G35coupe and Mustang Cobra. This was obviously based upon much more than speed. The G35coupe beat the RX-8 in all acceleration testing, including 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. But Car and Driver felt that the Mazda was better overall, despite being the slowest car of the group.

Hey Tom....Wazzzzzzzzzuppp
Actually.....
No...I dont think you have read the article......I think what you are talking about and what I am talking about are something totally different...I'm talking about the DECEMBER 2003 Issue OF Motor trend

Note my post was today versus the others posting on May 10th 2003...You think I could get my hands on a December issue of Motor Trend all the way back in May...

I am merely posting under this topic because it makes no sense to create a new post for everything. That would be a total waste of topic space.

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA |Photo

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
They say that the value of the G is only a 7, and the other two got 9s??? Are they kidding?!?! I'd like to know where they got those numbers!

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Pictures |

·
Registered
159 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by craigdred

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Tom2

Hey Tom....Wazzzzzzzzzuppp
Actually.....
No...I dont think you have read the article......I think what you are talking about and what I am talking about are something totally different...I'm talking about the DECEMBER 2003 Issue OF Motor trend

Note my post was today versus the others posting on May 10th 2003...You think I could get my hands on a December issue of Motor Trend all the way back in May...

I am merely posting under this topic because it makes no sense to create a new post for everything. That would be a total waste of topic space.

Hmmmmm.... let me try this again, since you obviously thought my post was directed at you (which it wasn't)..... The article that I am talking about is the very same article that is refereed to in the first post of this thread. Click the link (for the RX-8 forum) and read it yourself.

Like I said-- it seems like quite a few people have not read the article (that's right- the Car and Driver article that this thread was based upon) since there were comments about a G35c losing A RACE to the RX-8, when in fact, the G35 proved to be faster than the RX-8, but lost in the overall point score.

BTW, If I were referring to you directly, I would have said so.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Its a shame about the RX-8. The car seems to have some potential, but I dont think Mazda has the marketing and advertising expertise to get this car rolling off the line like its competitors. Mazda IMO, needs a boost in their cars' exposure. The mazdaspeed protoge was a flop, the Mazda 6 is doing terrible sales wise. What do you think is happening to Mazda?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Funny that you mention marketing. I have not seen 1 advertisement for the G35 Coupe, yet they cannot keep them on the showroom floor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts