Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the new mazda rx-8 a threat to us G35 Coupe owners??

thanxs alot guys, any comments or help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Threat in what? I think it's fast enough that it would probably come down to the better driver.

I also think it's rice as all hell so it's not like it's going to steal the attention of the women folk.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I don't think that it is a threat in any regard. Auto vs. Auto and 6MT vs. 6MT the G35 would prevail (IMO with ease). Also, around the twisties, I still think that we have the advantage... Lastly, although the RX-8 has a nifty interior, it has nothing else. No class, no sleek lines, no style, no finesse. I would not worry about it at all. I actually passed one up today, it revved at me, and I rolled down my window, pointed, and laughed at the driver.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I happen to like the RX-8, but no, I don't think it will be a threat. It's a totally different kind of car.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I was reading the RX-8 forum the other day and there are quite a few comments on the G35 coupe over there.

All in all, those guys admit that the G35 is a faster car, but they also say that straight-line speed is not what the RX-8 is all about anyway.....

The big thing over there is that the RX-8 horsepower rating is wrong..... seems like Mazda screwed up again (remember the Miata fiasco?) with their HP ratings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No Problem betting them.

I raced a 6 speed yellow with a large metal wing last night 1/4 mile was about 2 cars on the street. They are quick and have some top end. If you can get out of the hole you can get them.

~Gary

·
Registered
56 Posts
CLose race. Times in magazines have been about even. I give the G35 manual the nod though. On the other hand cars this close, it depends on the driver.

1SICKLEX's words and comments do not reflect Lexus corp, ClubLexus nor his mother's.....

·
Registered
69 Posts
The G has a lot more torque than the RX, so that throws in another dimension. My friend has a new RX8 and I will challenge him with my 6MT sedan after break-in, we are both interested to see how the sedan fares against it.

| 2004 G35 Sedan 6MT | DG/Willow | Premium | Nav |

·
Registered
67 Posts
I took a red one from the line about a week ago in my 5at. I was a good car length ahead at 50. No worries.

2003 G35 Coupe; 5AT Desert Platinum/Graphite; Premium, Sport, Aero Kit
Pending order: CORSA front underspoiler

1 - 9 of 9 Posts