Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I did a really [censored] stupid thing - Parked to damn close to a curb and when I pulled out - I Scraped the rim[banghead][banghead][banghead].

Now I've got a 3 inch eyesore on the lip of my front passenger 18" stock rim. Anyone know how this can be repaired????

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Give a body shop a call. They can usually recommend a good wheel repair place. I had this done on my CL after Just Tires damaged all 4 rims. Cost (them) about $125/wheel to remove the scratches and refinish.

2003 G35 Coupe | 6-speed | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Sirius

·
Registered
49 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jarrettblue

OK so I did a really [censored] stupid thing - Parked to damn close to a curb and when I pulled out - I Scraped the rim[banghead][banghead][banghead].

Now I've got a 3 inch eyesore on the lip of my front passenger 18" stock rim. Anyone know how this can be repaired????

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I don't know where you are located but here is a company we use and they have locations around the country.

http://www.fixrim.com/

Located 3 Miles West of DFW Airport on Airport Freeway. Tollfree 888-4GRUBBS ext 4050

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have used Wheels America (http://www.fixrim.com/) before on a previous car. Those rims were BBS with a satin finish. Wheels America re-finished the entire wheel and did a poor job on it - they were never able to match the original finish. I believe our 18's also have a unique finish on them as I have a chip in one of mine.

Be careful with Wheels America - stress the importance of the finish and make sure they match once the job is completed. They, WA, do a very good job on ordinary aluminum rims.

I am still waiting on the dealership to fix the chip on my rim - will post to this topic once it is fixed.

6MT Coupe - Diamond Graphite - everything but nav

·
Registered
49 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bigpun

I have used Wheels America (http://www.fixrim.com/) before on a previous car. Those rims were BBS with a satin finish. Wheels America re-finished the entire wheel and did a poor job on it - they were never able to match the original finish. I believe our 18's also have a unique finish on them as I have a chip in one of mine.

Be careful with Wheels America - stress the importance of the finish and make sure they match once the job is completed. They, WA, do a very good job on ordinary aluminum rims.

I am still waiting on the dealership to fix the chip on my rim - will post to this topic once it is fixed.

6MT Coupe - Diamond Graphite - everything but nav
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

They have repaired many 18" wheels for us and the match has been perfect.

Located 3 Miles West of DFW Airport on Airport Freeway. Tollfree 888-4GRUBBS ext 4050

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dfw - thanks for the info. I will check out the one in Farmingdale, NY. I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes.

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'll be interested to hear how you make out in Farmingdale, Jarrettblue. I'm in Westchester, and had an ugly run in with a car wash on my front left wheel. Needless to say, it's been hand-wash since, but with Infiniti wanting $800 for a new rim, I haven't done anything with my rim yet. Good luck.

Skip Barber Graduate

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok everyone add me to the list of curb scrapers. I have to admit that I did it twice though. It was a bad [censored] weekend! Look forward to hearing about any repair experiences.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts