Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked an 10 Black Convertible and want to put rims on it. I think 20" would be good but do not want to raise the profile of the car. I Guess I woud adjust the tire size to correct? Next 20" 8.5 front and 9.5 rear??? Last here is a link of the rims I like let me know your thoughs. I like the rims in this video except I dont like the rim stick out from the tire. Thanks in advance.

Stance SC-5IVE on INFINITI G37S - YouTube

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,487 Posts
I like those rims but it looks like 9 inches wide is as narrow as they come in 20s. I don't know if they would be tucked in enough on the G37.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have found them in 20" 8.5 on wheelfire.com. I searched by rims that would fit my car but fit how? I do want them tucked in. 8.5 is the lowest width so i would not be able to stagger if 8.5 fits? or am I ok with 9 in the rear?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will add pictures if I get them. I am having trouble getting my pic uploaded. I tried to add an album with my two G's but the pictures dont show up. Hopefully I will have it figured out by then. And yes I dont want to lower the car if possible. Street here arent to good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here it is just about a year later but I finally ordered my rims today I wont be putting them on right due to the car is in storage for the winter but I did go with the Stance SC-5ive rims 20x8.5 w/ 245/35R20 in the front and 20x10 w/ 275/30R20 in the back. FYI Wheel Fire has them on sale!!! Will add pic when put on if I can figure out how to post pics here

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pic Infiniti G37 Convertible on 20" Stance SC-5IVE

OK here she go finally got the pic up what do you think???

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I like them. Now you need a drop.
I knew it would require a drop.

Thanks for the pics Aaries75. It's tough to make these look right without a 1" drop. Total Optical illusion. I love these rims though!

What are the Offsets?
Please take pictures from top down of the front and back of the tires.

How is the ride compared to stock?

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Looks nice. The wheels are a great pick and def perfect on the black.
Topless cars are nice to get in the wind but it I typically consider it a trade-off because the lines of the car are not as nice. Your profile pic with top down causes me to rethink it though. It looks nicer than most any other convert I've seen. Anyways, a simple fix is put the top up! lol :)

I think they did good with the ret hardtop to maintain the lines. Main thing is you got what you want and enjoy.
I'll bet your pics will push others to get those wheels. You don't get a better complement then that.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,487 Posts
I knew it would require a drop.

Thanks for the pics Aaries75. It's tough to make these look right without a 1" drop. Total Optical illusion. I love these rims though!

What are the Offsets?
Please take pictures from top down of the front and back of the tires.

How is the ride compared to stock?
Be aware that the convertible rear wheels have a different offset than the stock G37. 19x8.5 +43 front and 19x9 +30 rear.

You probably don't want convertible offsets in the rear.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
yes I will probally drop it an inch and I will take pictures from top down of the front and back of the tires tomorrow raining today :( The car rides a little bit better than the factoy but the drops have runflats which make a harder ride. FYI I saw that stance now has the sc-6ix same rim but 6 spokes. In case someone wanted to be a bit different lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Need advice on droping the car

Its finally got nice enough here to pull the convertible out of storage for the summer. My first order of business is to get the car dropped. No being an expert and knowing you guys are can anybody advise me. I want to close the gap between the tires and fender. Lowering springs??? Any advice on a brand??? I will be taking it to be installed by a professional but want to know whats all needed and best.

Thanks in advance,

By the way this is for my convertible not my G35 on my profile pic. See Convertible pic above in this post.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is the 09 Convertible and here are the rim I put on Stance SC5 20x8.5 w/ 245/35R20 in the front and 20x10 w/ 275/30R20 in the back. Pictures are earlier in this thread page 1.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts