Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m trying to get my old G (coupe6mt05) up and running again after a long ass time(5years) of it being just parked in the sun. I know jack shit about automotive except get pics docs online and watch some vids before attempting something on the car. Im giving it one real shot before deciding to junk the old girl.

I bought a bunch of cheap tools from harbor and decided to mess with it myself instead of dropping a bunch of money for repairs, specially since the car isn’t worth that much anymore.

Here’s what I know or believe is wrong;
• I killed the cluch and Or tranny
She starter giving out slowly and one day barely made it home(5years ago)
•the alternator may be fucked. The car started after changing spark plugs and removing intake for some reason. Then replaced intake and car overheated after 20min idle.
•car had lil less than half tank of old gas I siphoned out before dumping new, not sure if that’s fucked now too but car turns on.
•alternator seems to leak after overheating
• there’s like a compression noise coming from the exhaust when the gas is pressed, and well the engine doesn’t sound as strong as it used to naturally.
•it’s rusty af everywhere
•also when I changed spark plugs right rear chamber had oil in it like hallways. And when I removed the intake and throttle body the engine inside

pros:
It turns on

I have the new clutch and mtf from Nissan and am ready to try that but will need to also have a running car so I’m basically googling anything and everything at this point. Oreilleys and autozone are down the street so I can get a variety of shit I might need.
Any help is welcome!!!

I will be uploading pics when I get a chance tomorrow. I’m going to change the rotors which are rusted af tomorrow and push the car on a steadier surface before attempting any tranny stuff. Possibly try and remove alternator depending on how difficult that might seem.

HOW FUCKED AM I???

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Get the car to operating temperature then unplug the fuel pump relay and the ignition ground wire located the front Top timing cover then try to start car it shouldn’t and only crank. Them put a compression tester on it and crank 7 times record your reading to all six cylinders it is easier to remove the intake manifold out to access the coil packs after all readings the spec is 184 standard and 142 min and no more than 15 psi difference from the highest number and lowest is your around that ball park i would clean all parts like intake runner and fuel injectors intake plenums oil change and you said it over heated check for any leaks if no leaks raise the car 2 feet up off the ground tha make the radiator car fill hole the highest spot of engine and put a spill free funnel and pour coolant in and squeeze the hoses and start the car once the temp starts to climb that needle a little overheating or the funnel looks like it’s going to over fill, turn it off squeez the lower hose and upper get the air out and repeat process until lower hose is hot and when radiator fans blow it blows hot also remember to run cabin air at high temp with AC off if everything works out good you may be good engine wise also if you have any code fix them

·
Registered
3 Posts
Get the car to operating temperature then unplug the fuel pump relay and the ignition ground wire located the front Top timing cover then try to start car it shouldn’t and only crank. Them put a compression tester on it and crank 7 times record your reading to all six cylinders it is easier to remove the intake manifold out to access the coil packs after all readings the spec is 184 standard and 142 min and no more than 15 psi difference from the highest number and lowest is your around that ball park i would clean all parts like intake runner and fuel injectors intake plenums oil change and you said it over heated check for any leaks if no leaks raise the car 2 feet up off the ground tha make the radiator car fill hole the highest spot of engine and put a spill free funnel and pour coolant in and squeeze the hoses and start the car once the temp starts to climb that needle a little over heating or the funnel looks like it’s going to over fill, turn it off squeez the lower hose and upper get the air out and repeat process until lower hose is hot and when radiator fans blow it blows hot also remember to run cabin air at high temp with AC off if everything works out good you may be good engine wise also if you have any code fix them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts