Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

REV light on 6mt

10K views 43 replies 12 participants last post by  BernardWilliamson 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what the point of the REV light is on the 6 speed manual. I recently purchased the car and the light is conatantly illuminated. I found how to change the setting for the blinking light, but not what the REV light is for. Any one have an idea? Should it always be on? Thanks fellow members!

#2 ·
Yea it should be on. Its kind of annoying I think, but I am pretty sure theres nothing you can do about it. Get used to it I suppose...;-)

#4 ·
This may be one of the dumbest aspects of the car. A light that stays on at all times that has no true meaning. Engineering at its finest! :confused: Atleast the rest of the car is well thought out and a true blast to drive.

#7 ·
It is the letters REV that illuminate in orange smack dab in the middle of the instrument cluster. There is a blinking red light below it that warns you to shift if you hit a certian RPM level. The REV stays on anytime the key is in the on position for the car and while driving.

#8 ·
i don't think older models have it. i don't have any REV light atleast. I do have a SLIP light that flashes (amber) if you're having too much fun with traction control on.

#9 ·
i don't think older models have it. i don't have any REV light atleast. I do have a SLIP light that flashes (amber) if you're having too much fun with traction control on.
yea..i was bored so i just went and checked....i onlu have the SLIP light as well....

#20 ·
The REV thing also indicated that you have a Rev-Up motor I think. Anyone with a 05-07 AT can chime in on this any time, since you don't have the rev-up. I am pretty sure its only on the 05-07 6mt.

#31 ·
just curious about a comment placed earlier about the '03s being better than the '04s, was just wondering what the difference is between the two models that makes the '03 better?
there's no difference. aside from the 03 being one year older :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.